Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7726 Discussions

Intel killer wi-fi 6e ax1675 not working

vjkmfd
Novice

Hello

I upgraded my Motherboard Wifi with an Intel killer wi-fi 6e ax1675 module.

I installed the drivers but the Bluetooth still doesn't work.

Device manager shows 

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE

for the Bluetooth

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There are no compatible drivers for this device.

To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver.

for the Wifi

I downloaded the drivers manually and installed them but there is no effect

I have run Intel Driver and Support Assistant and both installations show installation failed

Wifi Driver shows

Installation failed with error code 1073807364

Bluetooth shows generic Installation failed

How can I solve this problem?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
vjkmfd
Novice
For anyone with the same problem here is the solution: toss it in the trash and get something from realtek for upgrade or use the stock one. Waste of time and money

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

When you say 'drivers', you mean BOTH the Wireless and Bluetooth driver packages, right? The generic drivers in Windows do not work (well) with the Intel Bluetooth implementation.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
vjkmfd
Novice

Yes Wifi and BT.  I downloaded the Drivers for the specific module from Intel Website.

Your Message doesn't help as it does not provide any Information

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Vjkmfd,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

We understand how confounding it is to experience an issue installing drivers for a device that you just newly installed. We will work with you to find effective solutions to your issue.

Please allow us to ask the following questions:

1. May we know if these are the things that you downloaded and installed:

Wireless Drivers: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19779/intel-killer-performance-suite.html

Bluetooth Drivers:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18649/intel-wireless-bluetooth-drivers-for-windows-10-and-windows-11.html

2. If you say you manually installed, does it mean that you downloaded the installer and run it outside from the Intel Driver and Support Assistant?

3. It would really help us if we can get more information about your system. Please download and run our Intel® System Support Utility from this page. To run it, please press "Scan". After the scan is finished, click next and there will be a save button, giving you an option to save the logs to a text file, please do so and attach the file on your reply. You can refer to How to get the Intel® System Support Utility Logs on Windows* for instructions.

4. Just to confirm, if you say Killer module, do you mean that M.2 card or is it a PCI-E expansion card type?

5. Please be advised that issue like this may arise because the wireless card is not certified to work with your computer. You may refer to this page for additional information.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
vjkmfd
Novice
1. Exactly these
2. Yes and also within device manager
4. M.2 card
5. So you say I can't swap a
Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201
for a Intel killer wi-fi 6e ax1675
Motherboard is a z490 from Asus
0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Vjkmfd,

We appreciate your prompt reply.

Although, there is a huge possibility that the cause of the issue is compatibility due to regulatory certifications, please allow us to give you additional suggestions below:

1.  Codes 10, 22, 28, 31, 43 or 45 Errors in Device Manager for Bluetooth® or Wireless (Wi-Fi) Devices. Please try the instructions that you have not done yet on that page.

2. If it would still not work, please do the following:

a. Please download the zip file from this page, https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18231/intel-proset-wireless-software-and-wi-fi-drivers-for-it-administrators.html.

b. Extract it to any folder that you prefer as long as you will remember the location.

c. Go to Device Manager, expand the Network adapters group and look for the Killer Wireless driver. Double click it to open its properties.

d. Click the driver tab and click on Update driver.

e. Select “Browse my Computer For Drivers”

f. Choose “Let me pick from a list of Available Drivers on My Computer”

g. Click on “Have Disk”

h. Click Browse

i. Then go to the folder where you extracted the files. Look for the Netwtw08.INF and click open and okay. If it displayed a driver on the box, click next. If it did not, select Netwtw6e.INF instead.

j. After doing this, please restart the computer and check if there will still be errors.

If there are no errors, please install the bluetooth drivers again using this file, https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/16807/intel-wireless-bluetooth-drivers-for-it-administrators.html.

3. It would really help us if we can get more information about your system. Please download and run our Intel® System Support Utility from this page. To run it, please press "Scan". After the scan is finished, click next and there will be a save button, giving you an option to save the logs to a text file, please do so and attach the file on your reply. You can refer to How to get the Intel® System Support Utility Logs on Windows* for instructions.

We will wait for your reply.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
vjkmfd
Novice
For anyone with the same problem here is the solution: toss it in the trash and get something from realtek for upgrade or use the stock one. Waste of time and money
0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Vjkmfd,

Much obliged for providing us the results of our suggestions.

We are humbly sorry that you never got the Intel killer wi-fi 6e ax1675 to work. There are a lot of factors involved that causes a system to not function with a certain motherboard and it is explained on this article, Regulatory Information Regarding Wireless Hardware Installation or Upgrade. It would be best to check with your motherboard manufacturer to see if the cause of the issue is what was explained on that referenced article, or if there is problem with compatibility in general.

Thank you though for sharing your solution which is to use a different brand of wireless card.

We will be closing this thread.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos