Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Intel my Wifi Technology

idata
Employee

I have an Intel Centrino N-135 on Windows 7 32-bit and I want to setup a hotspot.

If I install Intel Proset 14.3 then I can persist my hotspot across reboots, and it does not timeout when there is a period of no connections.

This is good. The problem is that after a day or two the wireless just stops working. I have to reboot to get it going again.

I cannot upgrade to 15.x because Intel My Wifi technology is replaced by the My Wifi Dashboard which is useless for my application. It cannot persist across reboots, it shuts down after a couple of minutes if there are no connections, and there is no way to change this. It even looks ugly.

So I want to stay with 14.3, but I need an updated driver to stop the freezing. Is the 15.3.1 driver safe to use with the ProSet 14.3 My Wifi Technology?

thanks,

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hello Brian, please note that on this case the functionality is no longer available without the Intel(R) dashboard, we will take your feedback into consideration, right now the options available are at the download center, and we do not have a newer version to have the hotspot feature without the dashboard.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

0 Kudos