Hi, I came across this issue a very long time ago and have been trying to fix it even sense, I've went through a ton of different ways to fix it and thought maybe you guys could help. Usually I'd be getting around 80-100mb/s download speeds when testing on my phone, but on my PC I usually get anywhere from 1-5mb/s. If anyone has any answers, anything would be appreciated.
From a software standpoint, I would be looking at a problematic driver installation. I would first try a clean install of the drivers. Here is my process (follow it exactly):
- If you haven't already, download - but do not install just yet - the latest Bluetooth and WiFi drivers for your adapter. Here are links to these drivers: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30434 and https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30515.
- Disable Internet access. Unplug Ethernet cable and/or disable wireless. Keep disabled until told to re-enable.
- From Apps & Features, check for instances of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and Intel Wireless Bluetooth. If none, skip to step 6.
- Uninstall each instance of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and Intel Wireless Bluetooth that is present. When prompted, choose to "Discard Settings".
- Manually reboot your computer, keeping Internet access disabled.
- In Device Manager, check Network Adapters for an entry for Intel Wireless-AC 3168. If none, go to Step 9.
- Right click on the entry for Intel Wireless-AC 3168 and uninstall it, choosing to (checkmark) Delete the driver software for this device.
- Go to Step 5.
- (Optional but recommended) Clean out all temporary files using the Windows Clean Disk tool. I recommend that you checkmark all categories offered, even if no files currently (so it leaves it set up for next invocation).
- (Optional but recommended) Clear each of your browsers' cache.
- Install the Bluetooth driver package (rule: always do Bluetooth first).
- Install the Wireless driver package.
- Manually shutdown and reboot your computer.
- Enable Internet access.
Hope this helps,
I just went through this exact process, and it helped. It looks like the speed went from 1-5mb/s to about 20-30mb/s. Still nowhere near the 80-100mb/s I usually get. I've also noticed that sometimes the connection is stronger then other times, it's not consistently terrible. I feel like that might be what is happening.