Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7455 Discussions

Issues with Wi-Fi 6E AX210 160MHz

Robbi
Beginner

Hello,

I have 3 issues with my WiFi connection.

1. warnings like in this thread here - https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/Issues-with-Wi-Fi-6E-AX210-160MHz/td-p/1562853

2. All time I reboot my laptop I receive 2 error messages because

- WiFi adapter needs to long (I mean) to connect to my neetwork and NETLOGON service can't connect to my domain controller

- group policies can't be received

3. With many other networks, the connection is repeatedly interrupted and is only available again after a few minutes.

I have tried many times remove all drivers and clean install but still no luck.

Robbi

0 Kudos
8 Replies
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Robbi, 

Thank you for posting in the communities. Upon checking the SSU logs, I can see that this is an original equipment manufacturer device. Please take into consideration that our support for OEM devices is limited, as they might have done or require specific alterations and customizations in the system that we are not familiar with. Upon checking the website, I am unable to specify if the AX210 comes with your system. Just to confirm, is the Wi-Fi 6E AX210 the original wireless component in your system? Additionally, was the system working before? If it is, please let me know if there are any software or hardware changes that you have made to your system before the issue occurs. I will be waiting for you reply.

Ramyer M.

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Robbi
Beginner

Hello Ramyer,

yes this is the WiFi Adapter which was delivered with my Gigabyte Laptop.

With the very old driver version - I mean 22.0.1.5 I do not have messages/ warnings like

The description for Event ID 70XX from source Netwtw14 cannot be found.

(The old driver has/ uses netwtw10 and not netwtw14 )

But I have problems with point 2 and 3 from my first message

Microsoft tell me - this is driver problem, Gigabyte tell me this is driver/ OS problem. The driver from gigabyte side can't be installed.

I don't know what I can do.

Robbi

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Robbi, 

Thank you for sharing this with us, for now I want to make sure your system is in optimal settings. Since this is an OEM device, we need to make sure to install the specific driver recommended by your OEM manufacturer. However since you mention it is not installing, is this the link that you are using in downloading the drivers? AERO 16 OLED (2023).  If it is not, are you manually installing it or using a software to download? When you go to device manager > network adapter, are you seeing any yellow bang? I will be waiting for your reply.

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
Robbi
Beginner

Hello Ramyer,

yes I have many times tried to install this driver. WirelessSetup.exe knowns "-l" parameter so I have created a logfile from todays installation.

(See screenshots. I'm German, so the messages/ Log file are in German language)

But again, my main problems are

- randomly disconnect from WiFi networks
- NETLOGON/ GroupPolicy fails after Reboot when WiFi adapter should be used

Robbi

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Robbi, 

Apologies for the delay in my response. To address the random disconnects that you are experiencing, kindly please try following these steps: 

• Make sure you have the recommended settings for the wireless standard:  Recommended Settings for 802.11ax Connectivity.
  • Confirm there are no pending Windows updates.
  • Try connecting to another network if available, and test if the issue persists.
  • Try connecting to another Access Point (AP) or router, and test if the issue persists.
  • Make sure the router or Access Point (AP) is well configured. We recommend contacting your Internet Service Provider (ISP) to ensure this.

You may also visit this article for reference: Intel® Wireless Adapter Keeps Disconnecting from the Network

If the issue still persists, feel free to let us know in this post so we can further investigate this for you. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Robbi, 

Are you still experiencing random disconnects in your system? Feel free to let us know by replying to this post. I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
Robbi
Beginner

Hello Ramyer,

sorry, I won't be able to try it until next week. I'm "in bed" this week.

But I don't think it will help. It runs stable at home. Not at work. I usually don't go on vacation either. Other devices such as smartphones or my Microsoft SurfaceGo2 are stable everywhere.

Robbi

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Robbi, 

I'm sorry to hear about that. I hope you you get well soon. Feel free to take your time in trying these steps. I understand that you might have some doubts regarding this steps however, we have received reports before where in this fixed the same issue that you are experiencing. If this does not work, feel free to let us know so we can look for other steps that we can take. 

I will be waiting for your update.

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos