Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7650 Discussions

KIC freezes from time to time.

Sandman192
Novice

I got the program that came with ASRock update installer.

From time to time when I have the KIC window open the program freezes and the screen flickers. Well, the screen flickers every time. This happens often in Prioritization Engine. And when it freezes I can't close it from the Taskbar/minimize or from the System Tray icons. No right click either.

Plus. can not resize window. Would like that to be an option.

KIC v3.1122.329.2

ASRock B650E Taichi

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
19 Replies
AlHill
Super User

And, how is this related to wireless?

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
Sandman192
Novice

Oh, I didn't want it under wireless.

I want it under Intel Killer Software.

Intel can you move this in the right category.

Ya I just got Win 11 (clean install) with the same or different bugs then Win 10.

Windows 12 I doubt it. All I see in Win 11is better setting arrangements and looks nicer.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Sandman192, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

We are sorry to hear about this issue and we will be more than glad to assist you with this matter. 

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this scenario, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the Intel® Wireless card?

Could you please provide the version or the link where you downloaded the ntel® Killer Software from?

Is this a new computer?

Did you build it?

Was it working fine before without showing the Intel® Killer Software issue?

If, yes, when did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this problem?

The wireless card, did you purchase it separately or did it come installed on the computer?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057926/memory-and-storage.html

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Sandman192
Novice

Yes I built my own computer.

It's on and off when it freezes and the flickering is vary often from the first install of a clean install of Windows. Only freezes when I have the window open. Seems to work just fine in the background.

Brand new MoBo and 2 old GTX 1080Ti and a GTX 980. No software changes.

Home environment.

Built in to ASRock B650E Taichi

KIC v3.1122.329.2

P.S. Would like to have KIC to manually tell what program on what network to access. Exp. To have iHeart app access my WiFi instead of my LAN line.

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Kraslavchik

Thank you for the information provided. 

Could you please confirm if your wireless card is an integration or if it is the original/pre-installed card in the motherboard? 

Also, have you tried reinstalling the Intel® Killer™ software? 

How to Perform a Clean Installation to Solve Most Intel® Killer™ Performance Suite Issues. 

Note: Make sure to check you have all the Windows updates before doing the clean installation. 

Also, update your BIOS to the latest BIOS 1.28, since your version 1.24 is outdated.

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
Sandman192
Novice

Just restarted and KIC still says "Service not Running".

Going to uninstall and try again.

0 Kudos
Sandman192
Novice

If installing the KIC before the Windows update then the program need to be fixed. What happens if I get the next Windows update and so on.

It's intergraded I believe. The antenna connector is coming from the backplane.

The manual says "This motherboard comes with an exclusive 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax Wi-Fi 6E + BT module".

I just reinstalled KIC and it says "Service not running" and the window is blank. Wow another bug I've found. Going to restart compute even it never ask me.

0 Kudos
Sandman192
Novice

Just reinstalled it for the 2nd time and it installed it I found the Killer folder.

But no Killer in the Star Menu and didn't startup after the install like it did before.

I go to the KillerNetworkService.exe and can't get it to launch.

0 Kudos
Sandman192
Novice

I uninstalled and restarted my computer and now trying to install KIC for the 3rd time.

Ok, it won't put it in Start Menu, it won't startup, but it does put it in the uninstall settings.

0 Kudos
Sandman192
Novice

2 Killer Services are running but can't bring up window app and Killer System Tray won't show.

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Kraslavchik

Thank you for the information provided. 

If you have the "Service not Running" error, try the steps of this article, they are recommended for this error with KIC: 

Error: "Service Not Running" 

If the issue persists even after these steps, please attach a new Intel SSU report to do some research. 

Note: Remember to mark the box that says "everything" before pressing the Scan button. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Sandman192
Novice

I think it's vary odd that it won't create a shortcut in the Start menu like it did before.

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Kraslavchik

Thank you for the information provided, however, can you please confirm if you followed the steps of the Error: "Service Not Running" article? 

There are other steps that may help for your issue such as uninstalling and reinstalling your antivirus suite, to see if it helps to finally launch the tool.

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Sandman192
Novice

Only antivirus I have came with Microsoft and it let the program install the first time.

Defender doesn't show it's blocking any program.

I think that all uninstallers don't get rid of all the files, including the registry and the install program sees it's still in the registry and won't install right. I had other programs do the same and you can't reinstall until you remove all that KIC put in the registry. Don't ask me to remove all the KIC programs from the registry. Intel should fix there install program instead.

Again, not the first time reinstalling a program and running into problems all the way back to Win 95.

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Kraslavchik

Thank you for your reply. 

I will do some research about this. As soon as I have updates, I will get back to you. 

Thank you for your time in advance. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Kraslavchik

Thank you for your time. 

Please try the Clean installation of the killer performance suite and drivers using your System Manufacturer's driver and let us know the results. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Kraslavchik  

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to review our previous post. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us back. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Kraslavchik  

As we have not heard back from you, we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional assistance, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Sandman192
Novice

"You haven't heard from me?" You said you look into it and I haven't heard back from you if you found or fixed the problem. You never ask me for any more information.

Every time I try to install KIC I get no icon in the Start menu and going in the folder of KIC and trying to run it from there it won't open.

This all happen when you told me to uninstall it. And can install it to a point.

0 Kudos