Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7437 Discussions

Kernel iwlwifi error on kali linux

MDu5
Beginner

I install Linux with a bootable pendrive on a hard drive on my laptop.On the laptop I have also win10. During the installation pops up a notification that three files were not found on the removable drive:

"firmware files:

• iwlwifi-8265-30.ucode,
  • iwlwifi-8265-29.ucode,
  • iwlwifi-8265-28.ucode."

My network card is an Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265. On the intel website are only drivers 21, 22, 27, 31.

The problem occurs during installation so any updates I am unable to upload through the commands from the linux console.

What should I do?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hi mateuszd01,

We understand your situation regarding the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 on Kali Linux*.

We would like you to know that the Linux* drivers are embedded in the Kernel. In order for you to be able to use the adapter, you need to have the Kernel 4.6 or above.

In case we recommend you to upgrade your distro to one using the supported Kernel*. You may also try downloading and reinstalling the image.

For further assistance we recommend you to contact https://www.kali.org/community/ Kali Linux* support community.

NOTE: Any links provided for third party tools or sites are offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel® of the content, products, or services offered there. We do not offer support for any third party tool mentioned here.

Regards,

Junior M.
0 Kudos