Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Killer Intelligence Center Issue

mdklinko
Beginner

Killer Intelligence Center Version 3.1122.104.2 has a recurring unhandled exception, see below. Please advise.

Application: KillerIntelligenceCenter.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.ArgumentException
at System.Array.Copy(System.Array, Int32, System.Array, Int32, Int32, Boolean)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].CopyTo(System.__Canon[], Int32)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]]..ctor(System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<System.__Canon>)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]](System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<System.__Canon>)
at KillerService.NetworkManager.GetNetworkInfoList()
at KillerNetworkManager.KillerRouterHelper.AnyKillerRouters(KillerService.IKillerNetworkService, KillerNetworkManager.KillerRouterJsonHelper ByRef, System.String ByRef, System.String ByRef)
at KillerNetworkManager.KillerRouterHelper.CheckForKillerRouterAndUpdateIt(KillerService.IKillerNetworkService)
at KillerNetworkManager.KillerRouterHelper+<>c__DisplayClass1_0.<BackgroundCheckForKillerRouterUpdateIt>b__0()
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Jean_Intel

Hello mdklinko

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. 

To have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

• When did the issue start?
  • Was there a hardware or software update before the issue started?
  • When do you receive the error message? Is it when installing or running the software?
  • Have you experienced any performance issues?
  • Create a report using the Intel System Support Utility (Intel SSU) 

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
mdklinko
Beginner

Hello Jean,

• When did the issue start? Sometime after the program was updated to the Killer Intelligence Center. I never experienced this issue with the Killer Control Center.
  • Was there a hardware or software update before the issue started? See above, furthermore when I downgraded to an older version of this software the issue was not present and returned after installing the most recent version.
  • When do you receive the error message? Is it when installing or running the software? When the software is running and it is seemingly random. I haven't found any pattern between occurrences.
  • Have you experienced any performance issues? It doesn't seem to impact performance but that's only based on my lack of awareness. No disconnects, odd throttling, unresponsive behavior, high CPU usage, or memory leaks that I'm aware of. If it wasn't for the error message I would never have even noticed.

Assistance appreciated.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello mdklinko,

I want to confirm more information to have more insight into the issue you are experiencing, provide me with the following:

• Where do you find the update file you installed?
  • What installation process do you follow?
  • Provide me with a screenshot of the error message you receive, to confirm if there is any other information I can get from it.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
mdklinko
Beginner

Hello again Jean,

• Where do you find the update file you installed? Intel Driver and Support Assistant notified me of an update available for my wifi and bluetooth. After the update that borked it I tried a clean install but it did not remedy the issue.
  • What installation process do you follow? See above, the Intelligence Center itself is now delivered via the Microsoft Store as far as I can tell as I could not find any direct download available. After a clean install I noticed it rolled back to an older version of Intelligence Center (Killer Control Center) which I preferred as it never generated this issue...but the next available update rolled me back up to the current version.
  • Provide me with a screenshot of the error message you receive, to confirm if there is any other information I can get from it. Screenshot attached.
0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello mdklinko,

I want to suggest doing a clean boot helps eliminate conflicts between applications and services by starting Windows using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. The steps to do so are listed in the following Microsoft article (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows-da2f9573-6eec-00ad-2f8a-a97a1807f3dd)

Let me know the outcome of trying this.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello mdklinko,

I hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello mdklinko,

I hope you are doing fine.

I have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos