Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7558 Discussions

Killer Services conflict with Microsoft/Windows Sites and Apps

JStamp
Novice

I have to disable any Intel Killer Services to:

• Sync Windows Profiles to my Windows 11 computer.
  • Connect to OneDrive and sync files.
  • Log in to the Outlook application without being greeted with "Error! No internet connection." while I surf the web.
  • Install apps from the Microsoft App Store.
  • Install Windows Updates.
  • Connect or log in to Windows/Microsoft websites.
  • Fix Windows installation issues with the media creation tool.
  • Scan for Windows/drive issues with "scan now" or Health checks.
  • Connect to the Add-ins webpage via Outlook.
  • Repair and reset Microsoft applications via Windows troubleshooting.

I use 2 HP Omen 4K 27u monitors, and if the Killer Performance Suite is installed, the monitors are rendered useless until I unplug them, uninstall the suite, restart, and plug them back in.

I own an MSI Raider GE76 laptop:  3080ti, 2, 2TB SSDs, Intel i9 12th Gen. The issues started July 10th, and after two weeks of restarts and clean installs, I turned off the killer services, and everything worked again. When I uninstalled the Killer Performance Suite, my monitors had no more issues.

I updated the Killer Performance Suite two days ago and restarted my computer. The monitors stopped responding. I uninstalled the suite, and they were back to normal.

I tried to install an app from the MS Store an hour ago but could not. Everything mentioned above wasn't working. I went into Windows Services and turned off all Killer/KTM services then everything worked again.

I'm sharing this because I want to know if others experience this.  I also want to make Intel aware if they are looking.

Yes, my firmware, bios, and graphics card drivers are up-to-date.  Current Intel Arc drivers do the same, so I don't install them.

0 Kudos
23 Replies
Faez_Intel
Employee

Hi JStamp,

Good day and thank you for reaching out the Intel Community Support.

For your inquiry, since it is related with the Killer Services, we will move your inquiry to our Wireless community to further assist you. We will move this forum to the Wireless community accordingly.

Thanks,

Faez_Intel

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello JStamp,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. This situation is unacceptable to us too and I would like to help you troubleshoot this behavior. First, I need to collect some information:

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

2. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed on your computer or did you change/install the adapter to this one?  

3. Can you take a video of this behavior? This will help me to have a better view of the problem.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
JStamp
Novice
Hi, again apologies for the delay. I will check out the mentioned items tomorrow and report back. The adapter is the original from my laptop, and I can try and do a screen record of the issue.
0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello JStamp, 

This follow-up is to check if you had the time to run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and collect the report. Once you have the report, you can attach it to your next response.

Let me know if you need assistance. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello JStamp,

I was checking your thread and saw that we have not heard back from you. I’m going to close your post, but if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to create a new thread. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
JStamp
Novice
My apologies, I couldn't figure out how to get back to my post. I will check out the mentioned items and report back
0 Kudos
JStamp
Novice

Attached are my scan results.  I will send a recording later today.

0 Kudos
JStamp
Novice

I have a video, but it's over the 71 MB attachment limit.  Is there another alternative to submitting?  

0 Kudos
JStamp
Novice

@DeividA_Intel  & @Faez_Intel I created another video and compressed it to a 7z.  I've reattached the Intel SSU scan results too.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello JStamp, 

Thanks for your reply. Before we continue further, I would like you to try a clean installation of the Intel® Killer™ Performance Suite and check once more if the issue persists.

Steps: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058906/wireless/wireless-software.html

Driver: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19779/intel-killer-performance-suite.html

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
JStamp
Novice

I did a clean install and noticed the same thing.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello JStamp , 

Thank you for the information provided 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello JStamp, 

The Intel® Killer™ Performance Suite should not affect these Windows programs and features, a software conflict could be occurring with Killer and something else on your system.

If possible, try to reinstall the Intel® Killer™ Performance Suite and then provide the report from the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU):

Steps: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058906/wireless/wireless-software.html

Tool: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19779/intel-killer-performance-suite.html

Report:

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
JStamp
Novice
Apologies, just saw the reply. I will try the steps above and report back.
0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello JStamp, 

Thanks for your response. I understand you need more time to perform the steps provided and to collect the details requested.

I will be waiting for your next response. 

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello JStamp, 

I am checking on you to confirm if you have performed the steps provided and gathered the report from the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU).

Let me know if you need further support.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
JStamp
Novice

Sorry for the delay, I have been out of town.  I performed all of the mentioned steps and attached are my results.  Outlook and OneDrive appear to be working fine.  Windows Update, and Microsoft Store do not work until I go into services.msc and turn off killerSmartphoneSleepService.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello JStamp, 

Thanks for the confirmation. I understand that you still have some issues related to the Intel® Killer™ Performance Suite, I will continue with the investigation internally and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello JStamp, 

Thanks for your time. Please try the latest Intel® Killer™ Performance Suite version that we released recently and let me know if the issue persists:

Tool: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19779/intel-killer-performance-suite.html

If the issue persists, I will need a new report from the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and a new picture of the issue.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello JStamp, 

I want to know if you were able to install the latest Intel® Killer™ Performance Suite version and if the issue persists. 

In case that issue persists, please attach the new Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU):

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos