Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7483 Discussions

Killer Services conflict with Microsoft/Windows Sites and Apps

JStamp
Novice

I have to disable any Intel Killer Services to:

• Sync Windows Profiles to my Windows 11 computer.
  • Connect to OneDrive and sync files.
  • Log in to the Outlook application without being greeted with "Error! No internet connection." while I surf the web.
  • Install apps from the Microsoft App Store.
  • Install Windows Updates.
  • Connect or log in to Windows/Microsoft websites.
  • Fix Windows installation issues with the media creation tool.
  • Scan for Windows/drive issues with "scan now" or Health checks.
  • Connect to the Add-ins webpage via Outlook.
  • Repair and reset Microsoft applications via Windows troubleshooting.

I use 2 HP Omen 4K 27u monitors, and if the Killer Performance Suite is installed, the monitors are rendered useless until I unplug them, uninstall the suite, restart, and plug them back in.

I own an MSI Raider GE76 laptop:  3080ti, 2, 2TB SSDs, Intel i9 12th Gen. The issues started July 10th, and after two weeks of restarts and clean installs, I turned off the killer services, and everything worked again. When I uninstalled the Killer Performance Suite, my monitors had no more issues.

I updated the Killer Performance Suite two days ago and restarted my computer. The monitors stopped responding. I uninstalled the suite, and they were back to normal.

I tried to install an app from the MS Store an hour ago but could not. Everything mentioned above wasn't working. I went into Windows Services and turned off all Killer/KTM services then everything worked again.

I'm sharing this because I want to know if others experience this.  I also want to make Intel aware if they are looking.

Yes, my firmware, bios, and graphics card drivers are up-to-date.  Current Intel Arc drivers do the same, so I don't install them.

0 Kudos
23 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello JStamp, 

I was checking your thread and noticed that we have not heard back from you. I’m going to close your post, but if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to create a new thread. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello JStamp, 

In addition to my last post. If the issue persists after installing Intel® Killer™ Performance Suite I recommend you to get in contact with MSI for further support since this issue could be related to the browser or operating system.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
JStamp
Novice

@DeividA_Intel I meant to let you know that the latest update appears to have fixed the issues on my end.  Thank you very much for all your help.