Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

Killer Wi-Fi AX1650s not detecting Wi-Fi 6 network

jp75
Beginner

Dell XPS laptop with Killer Wi-Fi 6 AX1650s adapter installed and the system won't detect my Wi-Fi 6 network which is broadcasting and is detectable by other devices (such as my phone).

Initially had the OEM Dell driver and I updated to the latest driver from Intel 22.220.0.4 but it didn't fix the issue. 

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello jp75,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I understand that you have issues with the Intel® Killer™ Wi-Fi 6 AX1650.

In this case, I would like to let you know that the "Wi-Fi 6" is just branding and part of the model's name and does not mean that the adapter supports the 6GHz band. the Intel® Killer™ Wi-Fi 6 AX1650 supports the 2.4GHz and 5 GHz bands.

The adapters that support 6GHz are the "Wi-Fi 6E" models:

Let me know if you have further questions.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello jp75,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I understand that you have issues with the Intel® Killer™ Wi-Fi 6 AX1650.

In this case, I would like to let you know that the "Wi-Fi 6" is just branding and part of the model's name and does not mean that the adapter supports the 6GHz band. the Intel® Killer™ Wi-Fi 6 AX1650 supports the 2.4GHz and 5 GHz bands.

The adapters that support 6GHz are the "Wi-Fi 6E" models:

Let me know if you have further questions.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos