Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7426 Discussions

Laptop keeps disconnecting from the wireless

JLong11
Beginner

We have a laptop that will keep disconnecting from the wireless. We have updated the drivers and ruled out a problem with the wireless itself as we have had multiple devices connected to that same AP.

It will disconnect anywhere from 5 seconds to 5 minutes, there was an occasion it disconnected for 4 minutes 59 seconds twice in quick succession.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
JLong11, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support. In order to provide the most accurate assistance, please provide the following information: What is the model of the motherboard? What is the model of the processor? If this is a laptop, what is the model of it? What is the model of the wireless card? The wireless card, did it came installed in the laptop or did you purchase it separately? Which Windows version are you using? When did the issue start? Did you make any recent hardware/software changes? In the following link you will find the recommended settings for the wireless connection: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005585/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JLong11
Beginner

Hello Alberto,

Thanks for getting back to me.

• The Motherboard is is a HP 83B3.
  • The processor is Intel
  • The laptop is a HP Elitebook 830
  • the wireless card is Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
  • The card came installed from HP
  • Windows 10 LTSB
  • The issue started around 2 months ago
  • We have made no hardware changes the only thing we have done is update the driver when it started happening

JLong11

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
Hello JLong11,Thank you very much for providing that information. We recommend to install the wireless drivers provided by the manufacturer of the laptop, in this case HP, those drivers were customized by them to work with your specific platform. Not sure if I found the correct model, but if that is the case, please try driver version 20.70.0.5 Rev.P: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-elitebook-830-g5-notebook-pc/18477184/swItemId/ob-215253-1 If the problem persists after that then we can test the Intel® generic wireless driver version 20.90.1: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28267/Intel-Wireless-Bluetooth-for-Windows-10?product=94150 Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JLong11
Beginner
Morning, I’ve tried that and the problem is still unfortunately on-going Jordan
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
JLong11, Thank you for letting us know that information. We will do further research on this matter, for us to be able to do that, please provide the following information: Problem details Problem description: Frequency of occurrence (once an hour, day, always): Computer power source (plugged in or battery): Steps to reproduce (provide links to forums, online help, screen shots): Attempted workaround (turn off settings, change power settings, etc.): Environment (office, school, hospital, factory, home): Client computer details Computer manufacturer(s): Computer model(s): Windows OS (provide Version number if Win10, and 32- or 64-bit): WiFi configuration manager (e.g. Intel PROSet, Windows AutoConfig (native), etc.): WiFi adapter model(s): WiFi device driver version: Number of systems affected: Wireless security method Encryption Type (Open, RC4, TKIP, AES): 802.1X authentication type (WEP, TKIP, CCMP): Key Management Type (PEAP, EAP-FAST): WiFi network environment Access Point manufacturer, model, & SW version: Wireless Frequencies in use (2.4 and/or 5 GHz): 802.11n or 802.11ac enabled (None/HT(11n)/VHT(11ac)): Channel Width (20 MHz vs. 40 MHz) for 2.4 GHz? Channel Width (20 MHz vs. 40 MHz vs. 80MHz) for 5 GHz? SSID stealth mode (hidden or broadcast): Enterprise Customers: WLAN Controller manufacturer, model, and SW version: RADIUS Server Make/Version: Also please provide the SSU report and the Windows* report: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Windows report: Please enter "msinfo32" in the Windows* search bar and provide the information showing in there. Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
JLong11, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter? Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JLong11
Beginner
Yes, Sorry, we have since solved the problem and I totally forgot this existed! My bad. Thank you for your help ☺ Jordan
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
Hi JLong11, No problem at all, thank you very much for letting us know that information, it is great to hear that the problem got solved and now the laptop is working properly. Any other inquiry, do not hesitate in contact us again. Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos