Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7871 Discussions

Latest driver for intel dual band wireless-n 7260 Win 10 64bit

DrewCharles
Beginner

n_scott_pearson,

mr pearson, can you help me with this request?  thank you!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello DrewCharles,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. 

Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it; maybe, fellow community members have the knowledge, and they can jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website.  

You can get the specifications and verify this product's discontinuance status at the Intel® Product Specifications website > Product Status > "Discontinued."

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@DrewCharles,

I have sent you a download link via the Communities Private Message (PM) service. For this message, check your PM inbox. Click on your avatar picture in the top right corner of the page (in the Communities blue banner) and select Messages from the resulting menu.

...S

P.S. You are the 248th WLAN Driver requestor since Jan. 6th.

LJZ
Beginner

Scott -

You seem to be the master of the Wireless N-7260 that wont connect to specific wifi systems.  Do you have the latest driver for windows 10 64 bit or some magical solution for this issue?  Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Intel is no longer hosting drivers for any of the discontinued Wireless adapters. Luckily, I archived the driver packages that last supported each of the discontinued adapters. You can download them from my Legacy Wireless Drivers share. Start here: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtacZBU04mo-j-tQ34BdSDv6y1BFsg.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
LJZ
Beginner
0 Kudos
jwats
Beginner

I've installed the driver for the Intel N-7260 and I'm getting the increased speed but have noticed a couple of things:

• The connection drops frequently during the day. Sometimes I can go on, then off, Airplane mode to reconnect. At other times, the card sees no available networks and I have to disable/re-enable the card in device manager for it see available networks.
  • I often have to manually connect to my default network even though "Automatically Connect to this network" is checked.

This isn't really a complaint. Just curious what might be happening. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Dell 7737, Win 10, 64 bit

0 Kudos