Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Lenovo ThinkPad E480: Intel's Netwtw04.sys causing BSOD on windows 10

Abdurrahmaan_Elattar

I faced this issue from 2 month ago and still count .

this Issue available on 3 laptops with same model ThinkPad E480

every while BSOD popup, tried every thing change windows source and install a new one then after windows update I got BSOD screen again, and install latest driver from intel and same issue still popup, final solution will be to replace the WIFI Card with another Company.

WIFI model: Intel Dual band Wireless- AC 3165

*Tried drivers Ver:

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Khun_Doug
Valued Contributor I

Abdurrahmaan,

How long has the laptop been running Windows 10, since it originally shipped with Windows 7?

Do you recall if the trouble suddenly began after a particular update?

Have you been maintaining the laptop's BIOS updates?

0 Kudos
Abdurrahmaan_Elattar

Dear Khun,

windows 10 work without any issues from 2019, till Microsoft update on January 2021,after that I faced this Issue.

yes I'm updated all the drivers and Bios from the Lenovo website and from each Hardware Manufacturing, but this issue still pop up again and again .

you can check Attached file with date, I'm just sent few screen of this issue with different Date 

0 Kudos
Khun_Doug
Valued Contributor I

Abdurrahmaan,

Since you feel the PC was stable back in 2019 and has since gone unstable, there are several things that could have happened, including something with the hardware. What I would most likely do is grab a 2019 version of Windows 10 and install that. Use the option to save your files, but get a clean installation of the OS. Be sure to add the latest suite of drivers from Lenovo. Once you are sure you have a stable laptop again, you can move to a newer version of Windows 10. Versions 20H2 and 21H1 are the two most recent versions. If your problem returns then you have something definite to report to both Lenovo and Microsoft.

I really think the first best step would be to go back to a stable 2019 version. That will help rule out a true hardware error.

0 Kudos
Abdurrahmaan_Elattar

Dear Khun,

the problem not related to windows Version, cause I have 3 laptop "Lenovo ThinkPad E480"  with different version of windows 10 and all of them pop up this issue after windows update with same Blue screen, on all of them.

0 Kudos
Khun_Doug
Valued Contributor I

Abdurrahmann,

If I understand you correctly, all of your Lenovo E480 units work well until some Windows update is applied. The problem is with the update. If you can identify the update, and it may well be a different KB number if each of the laptops is on a different version Windows 10, you can report the fault to Microsoft. Get the KB number of the update and look at the details of what problems are resolved. I would also check the version of the AC-3165 before and after the update to see if it changed.

There is a tool in the Windows Store called Feedback Hub. You can use that tool to report the problem with the update. There is also a tool from Microsoft that allows specific updates to be blocked so they cannot be installed.

0 Kudos
Abdurrahmaan_Elattar

Dear Khun,

Thanks for your Feedback and support, i will check the both tools.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Practically every major Windows 10 release from MS has broken the networking drivers. You will need to do a from-scratch install of the networking drivers in order to get things working again. This applies to both Wired and Wireless drivers, unfortunately. 

Hope this helps,

...S

P.S. In the case of Wireless, remember that the Bluetooth and Wireless driver packages should be considered a set (i.e. uninstall together, reboot and then install together).

0 Kudos
Abdurrahmaan_Elattar

thanks for your support, i will try to do this again .

0 Kudos