Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Looking for a way to automatically turn off wifi when plugging into the network (ethernet).

JAnde41
Beginner

My specific adapter is Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8625

I do not have a Disable upon wired option in the advanced properties.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Caguicla_Intel
Hello JAnde41, Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. Your query will be best answered by our Wireless Support team, we will help you to move this post to the designated team. Please feel free to contact us if you need assistance from Ethernet support team. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello JAnde41, Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities. I am currently looking into this; in the meantime, please provide me with an System Support Utility report. this report can be generated from our tool, you can refer to the link below so you can download it:  https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- Make sure to attach the created report to this thread. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello JAnde41, Thank you for your patience. What you are trying to do is not related to the wireless adapter but actually the operating system. Please refer to the following link: https://www.lifewire.com/disable-automatic-wireless-connections-153376 * Please be aware that the content on that site is not controlled by Intel*. This information is offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel* for the merchants or services offered there. * You can try setting the Wireless to be automatically turned off in the operating system, you can try contacting Microsoft* for additional information. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello JAnde41, Were you able to check my post? Let me know if you need any more assistance. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello JAnde41, Please contact us if you have any additional questions. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos