Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Mobile Hotspot issues with Killer(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX1650x 160MHz Wireless Network Adapter (200NGW)

mediguy
Beginner

So I have a dell g5 series laptop. It is having an issue with mobile hotspot is it with the wlan card or the driver.

The wifi works fine with broadband and connects fine but when I try to connect with my mobile hotspot it doesn't allow.r/KillerNetworking - Mobile Hotspot issues with Killer(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX1650x 160MHz Wireless Network Adapter (200NGW)

Snap of issue mobile hotspot being connected, checked with or without password no

I have uninstalled and updated new ones , also with uninstalling and old one drivers but still no progress. The dell executives don't have answer from 30days; remote sessions and more conversations. I have already tried three windows reinstallation but no progress there too which I told them too.

Also I have tried with few of mobiles but none of them connects but with other laptop it works fine.

It would be great if someone could help me.

Also the version driver also shows as below of an issue.

r/KillerNetworking - Mobile Hotspot issues with Killer(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX1650x 160MHz Wireless Network Adapter (200NGW)

Thanks

0 Kudos
9 Replies
DeividA_Intel

Hello mediguy,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

· Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer:  https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-  

· Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

· To save your scan, click Next and click Save.  

2. Does the issue occur only with your network or happens with other networks?

3. Have you updated the BIOS?

4. Does the issue occur only with the 5GHz band or both (2.4GHz, 5GHz)

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
mediguy
Beginner

Hello Deivid,

1. Scans output is attached.

2. It is happening with all of the mobile hotspot which ever is connected on 2.4GHz emission.
3. Yes the Bios had been updated but didn't help .
4. The issue occurs only with the 2.4Ghz which when received from mobile hotspot on 2,4GHz.

Regards,

mediaguy

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello mediguy, 

Based on your report, please try the following:

1. Clean installation of the wireless drivers.

- https://www.dell.com/support/home/hu-hu/product-support/product/g-series-15-5505-laptop/drivers

2. Update the BIOS, based on the report you have an older version.

For both of the steps, I recommend you to get in contact with DELL for appropriate installation instructions as well as for further steps if the updates did not help.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
mediguy
Beginner

Hello Deivid,

Step 1 and 2  has been already tried and done with dell executives on call and remote session. They are not able to understand the issue I have asked them that it same issue happened with a friend too but he wasn't able to connect with 2.4GHz broadband connection so they have scheduled replacement of the killer card but for mine issue - 2.4GHz is not able to connect with mobile devices in not being asked to replace, they keep repeating that since wifi is able to connect then everything is fine which is not, so I am asking to the actual engineers who may have an idea .

This issue has been with dell team and it has been more than 30 days still no resolution as they didn't find a way even after reinstallation of os, uninstallation and installation of latest drivers on dell website as well as on intel website.

Is it a way like 2.4GHz on killer is missing some part of the card which is connected to the motherboard since the card connects  like 1/100 tries and if disconnected and trying to connect it does not.

Regards,

mediaguy

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello mediguy, 

Thank you for the information provided 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello mediguy, 

In order to help you further I will need the following details:

1. The Killer Performance Driver Suite.

2. Windows Logs.

Since these reports may contain sensitive information, I will send you the instruction to the e-mail address associated with your community profile and you just need to reply with the information to that email.

Best regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello mediguy, 

In order to continue further with the investigation, I will need to confirm the following:

1. What specific device are they using to create the mobile hotspot and is it using compatible bands?

2. Are you able to see the network when it is created at all or does it not even show up for them?

3. If this is happening for multiple devices then check that their wireless adapter properties are set to defaults. For example, that they are using the correct wireless protocol to connect.

I will be waiting for the outcome.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello mediguy,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello mediguy, 

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Also, I recommend you checking with DELL for further support and instructions.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos