Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7428 Discussions

My PC keeps making the device disconnect sound over and over, and when i check my device manager and my control panel i see that each time the noise plays my "Intel (R) Wireless Bluetooth (R)" device disappears and then reappears. How do I fix this?

JAvil11
Beginner

I have already made sure my drivers are up to date. I am on Windows 64-bit and my adapter is Intel (R) Wireless-AC 9260 160 MHz. Also none of the devices I use are connected by bluetooth, they all have wires, PLEASE HELP im frustrated. :(

0 Kudos
32 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What is the model number of your Intel NUC?

Doc

0 Kudos
JAvil11
Beginner

What is an Intel NUC? And where would I find the model number?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Ok, what is the model number of your device/motherboard?

If you are a laptop, contact the manufacturer. They are responsible for support of their laptop.

Doc

0 Kudos
JAvil11
Beginner

I am on PC not laptop, where would the model number of my motherboard be?​ I dont see any numbers on it.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You do not know who made your PC and what the model number is?

Then, there is nothing that can be done here. And, you do not have a NUC, so you posted in the wrong forum. You should post in the forum of the manufacturer of your PC.

Doc

0 Kudos
JAvil11
Beginner

Now now, no need to be rude, it's an X470 Aorus Gaming 5 WiFi.​

0 Kudos
JAvil11
Beginner
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Good, use gigabyte support or their forum for assistance.

Doc

0 Kudos
JAvil11
Beginner

But the device that keeps disconnecting is Intel wireless bluetooth, so that's here is it not?​

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Your system/PC/device may use an Intel wireless card. I do not know. But, gigabyte does.

You came here with no information about your system.

When did you get this PC?

When did this problem start happening?

What OS (that is Operating System)? Windows 10? What version? 1903? 1909?

Have you or anyone else changed or replaced the wifi card?

What is the model number of your wifi card?

If you do not know this information, go to gigabyte to get it.

Doc

0 Kudos
JAvil11
Beginner

Well you read my full post, I said my operating system is Windows 10 64-bit., this problem started yesterday, and I got this PC in ​September.

0 Kudos
JAvil11
Beginner

I have not changed anything​

0 Kudos
JAvil11
Beginner

I have an intel I211 Gigabit Network Connection, and an intel wireless AC 9260 160MHz, I have the most up to date version of windows 10 ​

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Additionally, since you say you are not using any wireless devices, just go into the device manager and disable the wireless card, or physically remove it (unless, of course, you have a wireless network connection).

Doc

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Do you have a warranty with this PC?

Are you using the drivers provided by gigabyte?

And what version of Windows 10 are you using? 1903? 1909?

Have you looked in the event log for errors? If so, what are you seeing?

To avoid any other information collection problems, download, run, and attach (using the paperclip) the results of this utility:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then, an Intel support engineer can assist you.

Doc

0 Kudos
JAvil11
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
JAvil11
Beginner

Does that give you enough info?

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello JAvil11,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to understand better the behavior, could you please confirm additional details?

1- The sound you are hearing, it is the one that refers to "Windows Hardware Remove"? Please refer to this link* as a reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKDh-9bwDsc

2- In case it refers to any other sound, are you hearing it via integrated speakers on the laptop or are you using Bluetooth* speakers.

3- When you see the device disconnecting, Is the connection interrupted? For instance, you can test by connecting a Bluetooth* device (speaker, cellphone, etc) and see if when hearing the "disconnecting sound" the connection is lost between your Bluetooth device and the Intel® Bluetooth adapter.

4- Was any Windows update, software or hardware change before the issue occurred?

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
JAvil11
Beginner

Yes the sound i am hearing is the hardware removed sound over and over without the hardware add sound, just the hardware remove sound every 15 seconds or so. There was no update before the issues started, but i did update after the issue started, because i thought that might fix it. I am on a desktop, not laptop and im hearing it through my gaming headset that is connected via wire.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello JAvil11,

Thank you for your response and the details provided.

Could you please clarify more on point 3 in my previous post. Besides the behavior you describe regarding the "hardware removed sound", do you know if connectivity between Bluetooth adapter and Bluetooth devices is being affected when this behavior occurs?

For instance, you can test by connecting a Bluetooth device like speakers, cellphone, etc., or transfer a file to see if the connection is lost when reproducing the issue, this would help to see if the Bluetooth adapter is indeed disconnecting or if this is an issue within Windows®.

Regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos