Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7813 Discussions

My WIFI 6E AX210 160Mhz does not detect any wifi networks

nikos87
Beginner

I installed the above wireless card and downloaded the latest drives from intel (22.150.0.3). As you see from the screenshots, the device is recognised in the network adapters in Device Manager and also comes up on network connections. However, it cannot detect any of the wifi networks at home. I did a hard reset on the router but nothing.

I am using win10 64bit

12th gen I5 DDR5

and my mobo is the Asrock z690

I have deleted the drivers and reinstalled them - no effect

I have used other drivers as seen on other threads about the 6ghz issue but still nothing.

Please advise what can I do?

Many thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Looking at your Device Manager situation leads me to believe that you failed to install the Chipset Device Software package for your system before attempting to install any other Intel driver package. I recommend that you try updating as follows:

1. If you haven't already, download - but do not install just yet - the latest Bluetooth and WiFi driver packages for your adapter. Here are the current links for downloading these drivers: Wireless: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351 and Bluetooth: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18649, You should also download the Intel Chipset Device Software package for your motherboard from Asrock's site.
  2. Disable Internet access. Unplug Ethernet cable and/or disable wireless. Keep disabled until told to re-enable.
  3. From the Apps & Features applet, check for instances of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and Intel Wireless Bluetooth. If none, skip to Step 6.
  4. Uninstall each instance of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and/or Intel Wireless Bluetooth that is present. When prompted, choose to "Discard Settings".
  5. Manually reboot your computer, keeping Internet access disabled throughout.
  6. From the Device Manager applet, check the Network Adapters section for an entry for Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210 and check the Bluetooth section for an entry for Intel Wireless Bluetooth that has an intel driver associated with it. If neither is the case, go to Step 10.
  7. Right click on the entry for Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210 and uninstall it, choosing to (checkmark) Delete the driver software for this device.
  8. Right click on the entry for Intel Wireless Bluetooth and open its properties. If it has an Intel driver associated with it, then uninstall it, choosing to (checkmark) Delete the driver software for this device.
  9. Go to Step 5.
  10. (Optional but recommended) Clean out all temporary files using the Windows Clean Disk tool. Ensure you have enabled cleaning of System Files. I recommend that you then checkmark all categories offered, even if no files currently in this category (so it leaves it set up for next invocation).
  11. (Optional but recommended) Clear each of your browsers' cache.
  12. Install the Chipset Device Software package.
  13. Manually reboot your computer, keeping Internet access disabled throughout.
  14. Install the Bluetooth driver package (my rule: always install Bluetooth first).
  15. Install the Wireless driver package.
  16. Manually shutdown and reboot your computer.
  17. Reenable Internet access. Restore Ethernet cable and/or reenable wireless.
  18. Test.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Lynn_tt
Beginner

Hi Niko,

Did you manage to solved this. I got the same motherboard as yours and my AX210 wifi card didn't work either.

Many thanks

0 Kudos