Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7446 Discussions

Network Adapter Intel Wireless AC9560 Dissapear after playing multiplayer

RizqiZein
Beginner

Hello everyone,

I need some help because in several weeks, I will have an online test and I need to fix an issue with my network adapter ASAP.

The problem recently started occurring, specifically yesterday, while playing a game with my friend. Two weeks ago, we were able to play the game without any issues. However, now, whenever we try to play the game, the network adapter resets itself and occasionally shows error code 10. We have tried various things to identify the cause, such as video conferencing and screen sharing, but we've observed that the problem only occurs while playing games. Currently, we're experiencing this issue while playing Total War: Warhammer II and Bred & Fred.

I have already attempted a clean uninstallation of the Wi-Fi driver and Bluetooth, but the problem persists. My laptop is an Asus TUF FX504GD, and the only modification I made a long time ago was adding an additional RAM module and an M.2 SSD. I haven't made any changes or installations within the two-week timeframe leading up to this issue.

Here is some additional information about my system:

• System Information:

• Windows 11 Education Version 22H2
    • Installed on ‎18/‎06/‎2022
    • OS build 22621.1776
    • Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22642.1000.0
  • Driver Information:

• Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz version 22.220.0.4
    • Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) version 22.220.1.1

Troubleshooting steps that have already been taken:

• Updating the driver from the Intel and ASUS websites.
  • Checking for Windows updates.
  • Enabling and disabling the network card.

We have tried to isolate the issue to gather logs from the event viewer, and here are some of the error messages we encountered (full list attached):

• Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz: Has encountered an internal error and has failed.
  • Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz: Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning properly.
  • The network interface "Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz" has begun resetting. There will be a momentary disruption in network connectivity while the hardware resets. Reason: The network driver requested that it be reset. This network interface has reset 2 time(s) since it was last initialized.
  • Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz: The network adapter has returned an invalid value to the driver.
  • Miniport Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz, {bc314632-5764-431a-87ef-907c67a1b294}, had event Fatal error: The miniport has detected an internal error.
  • Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz: A required parameter is missing from the registry.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You likely need to do a clean reinstall at this point. Here is the process:

1. If you haven't already, download - but do not install just yet - the latest Bluetooth and Wireless driver packages for your adapter. Here are the current links for downloading these drivers: Wireless: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351 and Bluetooth: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18649.
  2. Most important! Disable Internet access. Unplug Ethernet cable and/or disable wireless. Keep disabled until told to re-enable. Note this Wireless disable *must* be of type that will persist and stay disabled across reboots.
  3. From the Apps & Features applet, check for instances of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and Intel Wireless Bluetooth. If none, skip to Step 6.
  4. Uninstall each instance of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and/or Intel Wireless Bluetooth that is present. When prompted, choose to "Discard Settings".
  5. Manually reboot your computer, keeping Internet access disabled throughout.
  6. From the Device Manager applet, check the Network Adapters section for an entry for Intel Wireless-AC 9560 and check the Bluetooth section for an entry for Intel Wireless Bluetooth that has an intel driver associated with it. If neither is the case, go to Step 10.
  7. Right click on the entry for Intel Wireless-AC 9560 and uninstall it, choosing to (checkmark) Delete the driver software for this device.
  8. Right click on the entry for Intel Wireless Bluetooth and open its properties. If it has an Intel driver associated with it, then uninstall it, choosing to (checkmark) Delete the driver software for this device.
  9. Go to Step 5.
  10. (Optional but recommended) Clean out all temporary files using the Windows Clean Disk tool. Ensure you have enabled cleaning of System Files. I recommend that you then checkmark all categories offered, even if no files currently in this category (so it leaves it set up for next invocation).
  11. (Optional but recommended) Clear each of your browsers' cache.
  12. Install the downloaded Bluetooth driver package (my rule: always install Bluetooth first).
  13. Install the downloaded Wireless driver package.
  14. Manually shutdown and reboot your computer.
  15. Reenable Internet access. Restore Ethernet cable and/or reenable wireless.
  16. Test.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
RizqiZein
Beginner

Hello, thank you for the reply, but unfortunately, the problem still persists.

I have discovered a few things during the troubleshooting process. After uninstalling the Wi-Fi driver and rebooting or shutting down my laptop, the driver reappears. I have also made sure that there is no internet access by turning off my router as a precautionary measure. Additionally, I have used disk cleanup to clear all the drives.

In the list of my installed apps and programs, only Intel Wireless Bluetooth(R) is displayed, and there is no sign of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software. Following your recommendation, I installed the Bluetooth driver first, and then proceeded to install the Wi-Fi driver. However, during the installation of the Wi-Fi driver, it stated that Intel PROSet/Wireless Software would be installed, but it does not appear in my list of programs. After the installation, it shows "repair completed" instead of indicating that the driver has been installed. I have attached the driver log and the end part of the installer for your reference.

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @RizqiZein  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I will gladly assist you here. 

Please, answer these questions to have a better perspective of this issue: 

1. Is the Intel® Wireless-AC 9560 the pre-installed wi-fi card in your laptop or is it an integration (upgrade/ not the original card)? 
  2. Was it working before? 
  3. Does this issue happen in all games or only specific games? Does it only happen in Total War: Warhammer II and Bred & Fred? 
  4. Make sure you are following the correct Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers process, using your System Manufacturer's driver

Note #1: Make sure to check you have all the Windows updates before doing the driver installation. Also, make sure to do this step disconnected from the internet (wi-fi or wired connection) since Microsoft updates drivers automatically and prevents doing the clean installation successfully.  

Note #2: We recommend checking with your System Manufacturer and use the driver software provided by them to avoid potential installation incompatibilities. Intel supplies generic versions of Wireless Drivers for general purposes. Computer manufacturers might have changed the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the Wireless driver software or software packaging. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
RizqiZein
Beginner

Hello Jocelyn M.,

Thank you for your response. Here are the answers to your questions:

1. Is the Intel® Wireless-AC 9560 the pre-installed Wi-Fi card in your laptop or is it an integration (upgrade/ not the original card)?
    It is the pre-installed Wi-Fi card, and I have not made any changes to the network card on my laptop.
  2. Was it working before?
    Yes, the Wi-Fi card was functioning properly before the issue started. Upon checking the event log, I found that the problem began on 21/05/2023. The only update that was installed prior to the issue was the Update Stack Package - (Version 1023.508.1122.0). I didn't experience any problems while playing games before that update (I last played a game with my friend on 13/05/2023, after the previous version of the Update Stack Package - Version 1023.421.6122.0 was installed).
  3. Does this issue happen in all games or only specific games? Does it only happen in Total War: Warhammer II and Bred & Fred?
    The issue occurs in all games that involve playing with other players. I have tested other games such as PlateUp, Stellaris, Overcooked, and even Discord Activity (Putt Party and Poker Night), and encountered the same problem. However, when playing Elite Dangerous, the issue did not occur, possibly because I didn't encounter other players during that time (the game uses P2P).
  4. Make sure you are following the correct Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers process, using your System Manufacturer's driver?
    Yes, I have followed the correct Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers process, and I used the driver from ASUS Support, which I downloaded from the following link: ASUS Support Link. During the installation and uninstallation process, I made sure to turn off my router to ensure no internet access.

Note: Yesterday, I installed the latest Windows update (KB5026446) in the hope that it would resolve the issue. Unfortunately, the problem still persists. Additionally, before this update, the latest Windows update I received was on 12/05/2023 (KB5026446), and at that time, I could still play games without any issues (the network card was still functioning properly).

Here is the chronological update on Windows and when the troubles occurred:

• Windows Update (KB5026446) on 12/05/2023 - Everything was normal.
  • Update Stack Package - (Version 1023.421.6122.0) on 13/05/2023 - After this update, I could still play Overcooked with my friend, and we had no issues.
  • Update Stack Package - (Version 1023.508.1122.0) on 19/05/2023 - We couldn't play games after this update due to being busy.
  • 21/05/2023 - This is the day when we encountered the problem while playing Total War. My computer froze up, and all of my drivers seemed to reset themselves (Realtek popped up for my headset, although the headset was already plugged in) including the AC9560 it disable itself.

While writing this, I discovered that Windows installed the Update Stack Package - (Version 1023.508.1122.0) again today (27/05/2023). I'm not sure why it was updated again, but today is also when I followed your recommendation to install the driver from the manufacturer's website. I will attach images from yesterday's and today's Windows update history.

Thank you, and I look forward to your response.

Best regards,
Rizqi Zein

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @RizqiZein  

Thank you for the information provided. 

Please provide us with an Intel® SSU report so we can investigate further. 

Note: Make sure to mark the box that says "everything" before pressing the Scan button. After that, click on "Next>" and select "Save" and then, attach the .txt file. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
RizqiZein
Beginner

Hello @Jocelyn_Intel ,

Apologies for the delay in my response. I have some good news to share. Two days ago, I came across a suggestion on a forum (although I can't recall which one) that involved unplugging and plugging back in the network adapter. I followed this advice, and I'm happy to report that the problem seems to be resolved. I will continue testing it for one week to ensure the issue does not reoccur.

Regarding the SSU, I have one report taken while the problem still existed and another one after the problem was fixed. I have attached both reports to this message.

Thank you for your assistance. If the problem resurfaces, I will promptly report it here.

Best regards,
Rizqi Zein

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @RizqiZein  

Thank you for the information provided and for letting me know, I am happy to hear that is working for now. 

I will keep an eye the next week on this thread to see if you have any updates about the issue. 

Have a rest of the week. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @RizqiZein  

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to test if the issue is solved or if it persists. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us back. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
RizqiZein
Beginner

Hello, @Jocelyn_Intel

Apologies for the delayed response. I want to inform you that the issue has been resolved, and I have not experienced it again. To ensure the problem was fully addressed, I conducted extensive trials and tests with my friend. We followed a pattern of opening the server, playing for approximately 30 minutes, then closing the server, and repeating this process multiple times throughout the week. I can confirm that the problem no longer persists.

I would like to highlight the solution that worked for me, which is simply plugging and unplugging the network adapter on the device.

Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards,
Rizqi Zein

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @RizqiZein  

No worries, thank you for your confirmation on this, I am glad that the issue was solved. 

We will proceed to close this thread now but, If you need any additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us back and submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Have a nice rest of the week. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos