Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

New Fujitsu AH532/Win7 Centrino 2230 gets no or unusable signal

JLuke
Beginner

I recently got Fujitsu AH532 laptop with Centrino 2230 NIC. Even if I stand beside the AP, I never get full signal. If I try to use it than, the connection drops and is generally unusable. I've tried it with several accesspoints with the same results. If I walk further from the AP, I get no connection whatsoever.

If i plug cheap $5 802.11n USB stick from eBay, I get full signal and eventually really long rage.

I've heard about a guy with his AH532 having antenna disconnected from the factory, but it isn't my case.

There is a black antenna connected to "Main 1" and a gray one connected to "Aux 2". I've disconnected and reconnected them just to make sure there isn't a bad contact. It didn't help.

Anybody has idea, if the cables shouldn't be connected in the opposite order? I've read quite a lot from people having the same kind of trouble with this NIC in this forum.

What to do? I am sure the problem isn't in my Accesspoints. I have turned off powersaving features for the adapter.

I have the most recent drivers from Intel's site,

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Thank you for your post.

Indeed the signal and speed should be maintained unchanged if you are in the same room and no furniture is in-between your laptop and the router and reasonable range. Not getting full signal while being next to the router is an indication of a hardware issue.

There is one setting that can affect the range and single strength, this is the transmit power. To access this setting go to device manager, double-click on "network adapters" double click on the Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2200 adapter then click on the 'Advanced' tab and set the 'transmit power' option to highest.

0 Kudos
JLuke
Beginner

Hi Nathalie,

my TX power is at maximum, that isn't the issue.

I'm now downloading newly released driver fromvhttp://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?ProductID=3507&DwnldID=22495&lang=eng&iid=dc_rss http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?ProductID=3507&DwnldID=22495&lang=eng&iid=dc_rss.

I hope it helps.

BTW: the automated driver update check on your website didn't show this driver, i found it via google. The Driverupdate tool shows old driver from 2011 as the most actual version.

UPDATE: the driver download page, that it is 15.6... version, but it is the 15.4 in the installation. Nothing has changed, still the same.

0 Kudos