Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7443 Discussions

Often disconnecting from the network

wkdfung
Beginner

Hi,

I am using the Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265. These few days I was experiencing very frequent disconnecting from the network, it always says "no connections are available" and I could not join any wifi. When I go to the device manager, the "Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265" disappeared under network adapters. I tried ways like reinstalling the software and driver but it does not work. Seems like random that the internet suddenly works again and then disconnected a few moments later. Any suggestions that I can fix it?

P.s. I will upload the intel system support utility report and wlan report, hope it helps.

Thanks,

Denis

0 Kudos
4 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi Denis,

1. I have to begin my post to emphasize that this forum for Intel products, rather than for HP laptops. In problems related to your laptop, you should have best support by HP. From the information you send I understand that your computer is OMEN by HP 17-w100 Laptop. Nerveless, I will try to help you, if I can.
  2. Reading the SSU report attached to your post, I can see that your WiFi adapter is not functioning correctly. I can see that the installed Bios and drivers are outdated or not installed at all.
  3. You can download the latest Bios and drivers from this page (pending that you have OMEN by HP 17-w100 Laptop): https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/omen-by-hp-17-w100-laptop-pc-series/12499486
  4. Update the bios first. Reboot your laptop.
  5. Next, update the update the Chipset Driver and Management Engine Interface Driver. Reboot your laptop.
  6. Now you may update all other drivers: Network, Graphics, Audio,.. etc. The sequence off installation is not important. You may reboot your laptop only once, after the last driver is installed.

Leon

0 Kudos
wkdfung
Beginner

Thank you for your help! I really appreciate it.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello wkdfung, If you have any further questions, please let us know. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello wkdfung, If you need further assistance, please contact us back. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos