Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7667 Discussions

PCI Express Half Mini Card 802.11BE200

PCbuilderLover
Beginner

Hello,

I was wondering if there will ever be a PCI Express Half Mini Card 802.11BE200 card?  My laptop requires this half mini pcie size.

Thank you

0 Kudos
9 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What.... Like this?

https://www.newegg.com/derapid-mpe-axe3000h-mini-pci-express/p/0XM-02WM-00029

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
PCbuilderLover
Beginner

Yes exactly the size I need but in WiFi-7  802.11BE200

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @PCbuilderLover  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I will gladly assist you here. 

It is worth mentioning that Intel does not support wireless integrations (installing a different wireless adapter into your system/laptop). We recommend you speak to the Manufacturer of your equipment for support on wireless integrations and replacement parts to ensure compliance with the regulatory requirements of your country and support. It is important to check for compatibility with the System Manufacturer, as there could be certain cards that will not work with the system.  

For more information, read the following article under the title "Regulatory Information Regarding Wireless Hardware Installation or Upgrade.

Thank you for your understanding.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
PCbuilderLover
Beginner
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Al is pointing to one of the existing WiFi 6e cards in the HMW formfactor. Alas, I was not able to find a BE200 in this formfactor. I remain hopeful that we will see one from a company like Fenvi shortly...

...S

0 Kudos
PCbuilderLover
Beginner

Thank you for trying to finding this card.  Maybe some day.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

This is a 'no' for Intel, but a 'no, not yet' for 3rd-parties    ;^)

You could upgrade to the AX210 now, getting you Wireless-AX and WiFi 6e support, and the upgrade to the BE200 version when the 3rd-Parties get around to delivering it. 

...S

0 Kudos
PCbuilderLover
Beginner

Thank you for the info.  I may just do that.

0 Kudos
Kacela
Beginner

Something like this may open up some options for you if you have a mini PCIe slot.  I used it along with an M.2 WiFi 6E card in an older (2012) MSI laptop.  I had to sand the very edge of this adapter's PCB to correct an interference issue (but it was minimal), but being an older machine, otherwise, I had plenty of room in there.  Been working flawlessly for over 2 years now. 

0 Kudos