Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

Port forwarding issue with Intel Advanced-N 6205 adapter and Linksys x3500 router

DSerp
Beginner

Hello, I'm having trouble with my Dell E6320 laptop's integrated wireless network adapter and my home's router Linksys x3500. Each time the wireless adapter is turned on, the port forwarding feature on the router stops working. I have latests drivers and firmware already installed. I have done several tests with other devices and the issue arises only with this wireless adapter, I have also tried changing encryption, radio channels, etc. Linksys support has already replaced the router and nothing changed! Anyone has an idea? Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello Siebel72,

I am sorry you are having problems. I am going to verify some more information and I will be back with some troubleshooting steps.

Kevin M

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

I would like to get more information about the system you have and what troubleshooting steps have you done so can you provide the following?

1. What is the Operating System you have?
  2. Can you try reinstalling the PROSet software?
  3. Is it possible to install the wireless driver only?
  4. Do you have Static IP or is working with DHCP?
  5. Make sure there are no Antivirus or Windows Firewall enabled.
  6. Was this working before? Did you perform the integration of this adapter into the laptop?

Kevin M

0 Kudos
DSerp
Beginner

Hi Kevin, thanks for your answers. This is the information you asked for:

1. Operative System: Windows 7 ENT 64-bit.

2. Already tried with different PROSet versions up to the latest one.

3. I have not done this yet but I always let Windows manage the adapter, not the PROSet software.

4. I made tests with static, dhcp and dhcp reserved IPs. Nothing changed but with the reserved assigned IP the router takes longer to stop working.

5. Already tried with no antivirus, no firewall, no unnecessary services, etc.

6. Everything was working well until I changed my Linksys WAG200G router with this new one X3500. Linksys support has already replaced the X3500 but PF still crashes. The adapter was shipped with the laptop.

I have done several tests. With other wireless devices attached to the router, the Port Forwarding features is working well. As soon as I connect the laptop with the Intel wireless adapter, PF stops sending data to the forwarded hosts and I must power-cycle the router in order to make it work again.

Yesterday I was looking at the network traffic with Wireshark. Perhaps I have a clue but I'm not sure about this, I noticed that PF worked until the "Microsoft SharePoint Workspace" application was launched and started talking with server 134.170.3.182 and some "Frame check sequence" bad checksum errors occurred.

Since Wireshark can't see radio and wireless control packets, I can tell if there is something else that is triggering the problem. Anyway it's not acceptable that a wireless adapter causes this malfunction, and even less acceptable is a router being not robust enough to guarantee stability with such an important feature as PF.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Based on information from our side, the connection between the wireless adapter and the router should be transparent and should not affect at all on this.

The steps you have done are correct. It is very unusual this but So I would like you to contact our support Center so we can create a Service ticket and get more detail information.

Here is our contact information:

US

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contactsupport Contact Support

In the meantime, I would like you to check a link from Linksys about the Port Forwarding on their routers:

http://kb.linksys.com/Linksys/ukp.aspx?pid=80&vw=1&articleid=21470 http://kb.linksys.com/Linksys/ukp.aspx?pid=80&vw=1&articleid=21470

Kevin M

0 Kudos