Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Problem with Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 3156

VlastelinVselennoy
Hello!
I'm having a problem with Teclast F7 Plus (ID: S6K9)
My Wi-FI is lost. The Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 3156 device is also not visible in Windows 10 Device Manager. This device is disabled and hidden.
I installed the latest drivers for Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 3156 from the Intel website, it helps for a very short time. Sometimes Windows 10 breaks (BSOD, blue screen) - it is written that this is a problem with the drivers.
What should I do? Can you send me suitable drivers for Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 3156?
Version of driver is 19.51.31.1
0 Kudos
11 Replies
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello VlastelinVselennoy,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. 

I understand that you are experiencing some connectivity issues with your Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165.

To better assist you please provide the following information:

• Are you having issues on Wifi or Bluetooth or both?
  • When did it start to happen?
  • Do you remember if this issue happened after a new OS update or Wireless driver update?
  • Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?
  • What is the error message in device manager? Do you get error code 10? 
  • Please provide the error code of the BSOD?

As this is a laptop, I would strongly recommend the installation of the drivers/software provided by your computer manufacturer.

Have you tried installing the drivers provided by them? If so did you notice any change in the behavior?

Esteban D.

Intel Technical Support Technician

0 Kudos
VlastelinVselennoy

Hello! Yes, I am having problems connecting to my Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165. I have problems with wifi, bluetooth is ok.

Perhaps this problem appeared after a new OS update, I bought a new laptop and the OS was immediately updated

This is the original adapter.

Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 is missing in Device Manager, it is in hidden devices

Errors: 1) PCI \ VEN_8086 & DEV_3165 & SUBSYS_81108086 & REV_79 \ 84C5A6FFFFC4BCB500 device was not moved due to partial or ambiguous match. Latest Device Instance ID: {5d624f94-8850-40c3-a3fa-a4fd2080baf3} \ vwifimp_wfd \ 5 & 288a7ad7 & 0 & 13 Class GUID: {4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318} Location path: Movement Rank: 0xF000FFFFFFFFF132 Present: false Status: 0xC0000719

2) PCI \ VEN_8086 & DEV_3165 & SUBSYS_81108086 & REV_79 \ 84C5A6FFFFC4BCB500 device removed. Class GUID: {4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

BSOD error code is SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION bsod win32kfull.sys

I cannot install the drivers / software provided by the manufacturer of my computer because they are not on the manufacturer's website

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I suggest that you try a clean install. Here is the process:

1. If you haven't already, download - but do not install just yet - the latest Bluetooth and WiFi drivers for your adapter. Here are links to these drivers: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29902 and https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29919.
  2. Disable Internet access. Unplug Ethernet cable and/or disable wireless. Keep disabled until told to re-enable.
  3. From Apps & Features, check for instances of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and Intel Wireless Bluetooth. If none, skip to step 6.
  4. Uninstall each instance present. When prompted, choose to "Discard Settings". 
  5. Manually reboot your computer.
  6. In Device Manager, check Network Adapters for an entry for Intel Wireless-AC 3165. If none, go to Step 9.
  7. Right click on the entry for Intel Wireless-AC 3165 and uninstall it, choosing to (checkmarking) Delete the driver software for this device.
  8. Go to Step 5.
  9. (Optional but recommended) Clean out all temporary files using the Windows Clean Disk tool. I recommend that you checkmark all categories offered, even if no files currently (so it leaves it set up for next invocation).
  10. (Optional but recommended) Clear each of your browsers' cache.
  11. Install the Bluetooth driver package (rule: always do Bluetooth first).
  12. Install the Wireless driver package.
  13. Manually shutdown and reboot your computer.
  14. Enable Internet access.
  15. Test.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Thank you so much for your response.

I understand, do you recall what was the OS version that was previously installed?

I would strongly recommend to perform the clean install of the wireless driver following the detailed steps provided by n_scott_pearson.

Please let us know what the outcome is after those steps.

Additionally, to gather more system information please run the following tool and attach the reports generated.   

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) Download link 

1.Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. 

2.By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".   

3. Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".   

4. To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   

Esteban D.

0 Kudos
VlastelinVselennoy

Hello!

This is Intel® System Support Utility report

0 Kudos
VlastelinVselennoy

Then I Install new drivers fo Intel Dual Band Wireless AC3156, I has some problem

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Did you follow the process that I outlined above? Did you properly disable Internet access at Step 2 and keep it disabled until Step 14?

...S

0 Kudos
VlastelinVselennoy
0 Kudos
Khun_Doug
Valued Contributor I

I see others are assisting on this. I have a suggestion that might take you down a different path. If there is not (or anything) installed on this PC beyond the base OS install, you can try resetting the entire install back to factory settings, or at least get the current build reset to a state of nothing installed. From there, see if you can get a stable network. If so, then bring Windows up the the current cumulative update, and update any drivers. Just a suggestion.

Esteban_D_Intel

Thank you for the update.

I understand that the behavior persists after the installation of the latest drivers provided by Intel.

At this point I would recommend the following:

1. As the behavior occurred after an upgrade of the operating system. You may want to contact Microsoft* for guidance and check the possibility of rolling back your Operating system to the working version prior to this behavior. The recommendations provided by Khun_Doug are great and it’s worth trying them.
  2. If you notice no improvement after the previous step, I would strongly recommend contacting your laptop manufacturer support for a hardware inspection and discard any possible adapter failure.

You can find your Laptop manufacturer support website here. There you can request “Aftersales service”.

When talking about laptops it’s worth mentioning that Intel provide generic versions of software and drivers. 

Your computer manufacturer may have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to meet the needs of their specific system design. 

For that reason, I would strongly recommend contacting your computer manufacturer.

Esteban D.

Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied. 

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

We have not heard back from you. 

I hope that you are able to resolve this behavior after checking with your computer manufacturer as we recommended.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored  

Esteban D.  

0 Kudos