Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

Problem with the Wi fi network connection 6 AX

igor72
Novice

Hello. My name is Igor,I have a problem on a laptop with a connection to the wifi 6 AX network. My laptop model Acer Nitro A N 517-51, wifi module Intel AX200, when you select the network AX only, the laptop can not connect to the network. When N/AC/AX mixed is selected, the network is connected. Intel ax200 driver 22.20.0.6, router model Asus Ax92U Windows 10 64 Bit. This problem is already very much hindering my work,I can't get the network speed. I need more speed,I can't get it for this reason. I changed the driver, reset the router, this problem does not go away, please solve this problem

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Khun_Doug
Valued Contributor I

Hi Igor,

I can try to assist with this. Would you please run the Intel System Support Utility on your laptop, and post back with the result. That will give an insight into your laptop hardware, OS patch level, etc.

As for the Asus AX92U, would you please tell me what version of firmware you are running on it? And also please explain about how you have the wireless for the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands configured. And finally what type of Internet connection do you have - download and upload speed.

One last thing, is the AX200 Wi-Fi adapter factory original, or did you upgrade from some other Wi-Fi adapter?

0 Kudos
igor72
Novice

The problem is in the drivers for Russia, the last driver disconnects the AX network in Russia, a modified driver for the Intel AX 200 module is needed to unblock access to the AX network

0 Kudos
Khun_Doug
Valued Contributor I

Igor,

This Wiki page shows that a block of the 5 GHz channels are not allowed in Russia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WLAN_channels#cite_note-N5001000-46

You should be able to get enough channels to make an AX link based on the list of channels shown. The fact that you cannot get an AX link leads me to believe there may be some interference, especially since you can get an AC link. It is also possible your router chose a control channel that will not work correctly with AX.

I previously asked about your Internet connection. What speed Internet service are you subscribed for?

There is a utility called NetSpot that will list all the wireless networks being received by your Wi-Fi adapter. There is one that can be installed from the Windows Store and another version available for direct download from their web page. I prefer the direct downloadable version as it correctly identifies AX devices whereas the version from the Microsoft Store does not seem to identify AX. The link is here: https://www.netspotapp.com/netspotpro.html

0 Kudos
andrewstevenson
Beginner
0 Kudos
igor72
Novice

I didn't understand anything, why the wiki, I know that in Russia the AX frequency does not work, I knock out a different channel, the network does not see.

0 Kudos
Khun_Doug
Valued Contributor I

You wrote that the driver "knocked out" AX in Russia. I just included a link to a Wiki that shows a block of AX channels are indeed unavailable in Russia. Therefore, to use AX the router should be configured to have control channels that do not impede on the Russian blocked channels. The problem will be further complicated if you have neighbors close enough to possibly interfere with your router.

Since you also wrote that "it works", I presume you hit upon success.

0 Kudos
igor72
Novice

You do not understand the essence of the question, I write why the AX network does not work, a few posts I find out that in Russia, the frequency of Ax is blocked in the latest Intel driver, it is necessary for Intel to release a new driver to unlock this frequency. This is not a router problem, this is an Intel driver problem. If you are an Intel employee, make a decision to release a new driver for this Ah 200 card. Thanks

0 Kudos
igor72
Novice

И напоследок, заводской ли адаптер Wi-Fi AX200 был оригинальным, или вы обновили его с другого адаптера Wi-Fi?

В ноуте стоял заводской переходник!

Что касается Asus AX92U, скажите, пожалуйста, какую версию прошивки вы на нем используете?

Текущая версия: 3.0.0.4.386_40451

0 Kudos
igor72
Novice

Last but not least, was the factory AX200 Wi-Fi adapter original, or did you upgrade from a different Wi-Fi adapter?

There was a factory adapter in the laptop!

As for the Asus AX92U, please tell me which firmware version are you using on it?

Current version: 3.0.0.4.386_40451

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

igor72, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to this scenario, just to let you know, enabling 802.11ax for Intel® Wi-Fi 6 Wireless adapters in Russia will require a Wi-Fi driver update and enabling Wi-Fi 6 in the BIOS settings. We plan to enable 11ax in the future Wi-Fi driver version 22.40. The BIOS update with 11ax functionality will be provided by the system manufacturer. To learn more about the BIOS update available for your computer, please contact your system manufacturer:

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Curranius
Beginner

When will 22.40 will finally be available? As per you article it is not clear when update will be available for Windows 10. Russia Wi-Fi 6 Update Timelines and Instructions (intel.com)

As of August 18th 2020 802.11ax is legalized in Russia.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Sorry, but the Intel Customer Support agents are not permitted to speculate regarding schedules for Update delivery. When it is available, it will be posted; that is all that will be said here. You can watch other locations - such as the page you mentioned - for schedule updates.

...S

0 Kudos