Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7428 Discussions

Problema in connessione wifi 5ghz con Intel AC 9260 - 5ghz wifi Connection issue on Intel AC 9260

memento
Novice

Buongiorno a tutti,

scrivo per un problema di connessione al wifi 5ghz.

Ho fastweb con modem Fastgate (Versione software 1.0.1b - Versione firmware 0.00.89_FW_200_Askey 2019-08-01 11:30:16) su cui ho attivalo la divisione wifi per banda 2,4 e 5 ghz.

Ho notato che posso scegliere tra 20 e 40 mhz nei settaggi del modem per quanto riguarda l'ampiezza di banda.

Ho da poco comprato una scheda pci express con a bordo il chip Intel AC 9260 (https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B07SST884H/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) che ho installato nel pc collegando anche il pin usb per il funzionamento del bluetooth e installando gli ultimi driver disponibili (vedere allegato)

Se mi collego all 2,4 nessun problema mentre sulla 5 mi da problemi in connessione e quando risulta connessa non mi permette di navigare come se non fossi connesso.

Gli errori nell'eventlog sono negli screen allegati e si ripetono diciamo all'infinito fino a che non mi stacco.

Ho richiesto a fastweb un controllo sul modem intanto.

Grazie in anticipo,

Claudio

----------------------------

Goodmorning everyone,

I write for a problem of connection to wifi 5ghz.

I have fastweb with Fastgate modem (Software version 1.0.1b - Firmware version 0.00.89_FW_200_Askey 2019-08-01 11:30:16) on which I activate the wifi division for band 2.4 and 5 ghz.

I noticed that I can choose between 20 and 40 mhz in the modem settings for bandwidth.

I recently bought a pci express card with the Intel AC 9260 chip on board (https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B07SST884H/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) which I installed in the PC also connecting the usb pin for bluetooth operation and installing the latest drivers available (see attachment)

If I connect to the 2.4 ghz band i have no problem while on the 5 ghz it gives me problems in connection and when it is connected does not allow me to navigate as if I were not connected.

The errors in the eventlog are in the attached screens and are repeated endlessly until I detach myself.

I requested fastweb to check the modem in the meantime.

Thanks in advance,

Claudio

0 Kudos
9 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Enter your router and set the channel for 5GHz to 149, or 151, or 155 (instead of AUTO).

Leon

0 Kudos
memento
Novice

Anzitutto grazie per la risposta.

Purtroppo non riesco a settarlo come dici perchè non arriva a quel numero di canale.

Da interfaccia web arrivo a 13 mentre da app mobile a 140

----------------------

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately I can't set it as you say because it doesn't reach that channel number.

From web interface it reaches 13 while from mobile app it reaches 140

Screenshot_20191209_171912_it.fastweb.myfastweb.jpgChannel from fastgate web page.png

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

I don't know what you mean exactly by mobile app? What I meant is setting in router (for example see the attached image). Any way try to set different channel in your router.

Leon

WiFi5GHz_2.png

0 Kudos
memento
Novice

Fastweb ha una app mobile per la gestione del router (primo screen) ,per richiedere assistenza e gestire il proprio profilo.

Ieri ho contattato l'assistenza fastweb per capire come cambiare il canale del wifi 5ghz. Da interfaccia web non era molto chiaro come fare.

Ho cambiato il canale e ora (incrocio le dita) sembra funzionare ed essere stabile

--------------------------------------------------------------

Fastweb has a mobile app for managing the router (first screen), to request assistance and manage your profile.

Yesterday I contacted fastweb assistance to understand how to change the 5ghz wifi channel. From a web interface it was not very clear how to do it.

I changed the channel and now (crossing my fingers) it seems to work and be stable

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

I'm glad that 5GHz is working now. Which channel did you choose?

Leon

0 Kudos
memento
Novice

Al momento sto usando il canale 40 ma credo abbiano fatto qualche modifica quelli di fastweb perchè la sezione wifi 5ghz non l'ho mai toccata non avendo un pc compatibile

-----------------------------------------------

At the moment I'm using channel 40 but I think fastweb made some changes to the wifi 5ghz section .I never touched it since I didn't have a compatible pc

0 Kudos
User1574019899451211

im trying to figure out an issue on the same 9260 wifi adapter in regards to 5ghz channels being disabled by intel's Location Aware Regulatory. you mentioned your using channel 40, is it set to 20mhz or is it higher?

for myself and others, intels LAR disables most 5ghz channels and the only ones that do work will only connect if the router is set to 20mhz channel width making for speeds slower than 2.4 <50mbit/s

0 Kudos
memento
Novice

Il problema si è ripresentato ieri dopo che è saltata la luce.

Premetto che sono passato a Vodafone Fibra e che la power statio redirige il segnale verso 2,4 o 5 ghz a seconda che il dispositivi supporti o meno il 5ghz

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The problem recurred yesterday after the light went out.

I state that I switched to Vodafone Fibra and that the power statio redirects the signal towards 2.4 or 5 ghz depending on whether the device supports 5ghz or not

0 Kudos
memento
Novice

Il problema di connessione al wifi 5ghz si manifesta con la vodafone station solo se su canale diverso da 100.

Con il canale 100 nessun problema

------------------------------------------

The problem of connection to the 5ghz wifi manifests itself with the vodafone station only if on a channel other than 100.

With channel 100 no problem