Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7444 Discussions

Problems with a built in wifi card

Jenn
Beginner

I have an ASUS PRIME B550M-A (WI-FI) motherboard with a built in Intel WI-FI 6 AX200 Wi-Fi. I run on windows 10 and the moment I got this thing on I have done nothing that has managed to make the Wi-Fi work. After installing all the drivers and realizing there was a problem after tinkering with it for a while I even reset it and started the process over again to no avail. This hasn't been a big deal because I have a USB Wi-Fi adapter that works ok, but I know it's not as fast as the one built in is. The card doesn't show up on my device manager, but during all this Bluetooth works absolutely fine, and my USB adapter doesn't have Bluetooth. That suggests to me that it's not a hardware issue, but I guess what do I know.

Funnily enough one day after turning it on it did just start working, I updated the drivers and screwed in the Wi-Fi antenna and it worked great but after a day or two it showed as disconnected and no amount of restarts, reinstalls, or research ever managed to get it back up again. I've been stalling because like I said the USB adapter works ok, but I was planning on getting it brought in where I bought it, but it's not very close so I figured I'll ask here and see if any one knows anything I don't.

I am in fact willing to redo all the steps I've already taken if only to prove that I have taken them and they have not in fact worked. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @Jenn

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We noticed that you have already contacted us through chat regarding this same issue with an Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 and Intel Customer Support is already assisting you through the internal chat case.

In order to avoid duplication of effort, we will close this thread and the assistance will continue through the internal case. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos