Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

RE: AC9560 upgrade replies

olegeezer
Beginner

Hello. I tried to reply to ALHill Super User but intel says I must verify my address. I had already done that.  

ALHill......I did reach out to Asus and they absolutely refused to assist in helping me. How is that for customer service????  I had to do a lot of researching but got my answer.........My 8th generation i7-8750H processor will not handle the intel wifi cards that were suggested to me.   Trying to get information from both Asus and Intel is near to impossible and both keep saying to ask the other. VERY FRUSTRATING.  I thank all of you who have responded to my questions. 

By the way, does intel sell directly to an individual? If so, how do I get there?  I saw where intel had a retail price of $274.00 for a 710 series ethernet card. When I go to places like Amazon, the sellers have nearly doubled the price.  Not good.!!!!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @olegeezer

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We are sorry to know that it has been difficult for you to get assistance from your Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) ASUS*. As we pointed out on this other thread, your OEM is the proper channel of support for this type of inquiry related to wireless card upgrades.

However, we are glad to know that you were able to find an answer regarding the compatibility and possibility of upgrading the wireless card.

Regarding your sales inquiry about "a 710 series ethernet card", we noticed that you have another thread for the same question where Intel Customer Support already provided you with an answer, therefore, we will proceed to close this thread now to avoid duplication of efforts.

Note: If you are still experiencing an issue replying to posts or any other issue with the Community, please send an email to "intel.community@intel.com" for further assistance. For more details, please refer to the Help & Resources section.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos