Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7365 Discussions

Recon Engage - Call to all customers

Alex55
New Contributor I

As you know, Intel has stopped supporting Recon Engage and their products such as the Recon Snow 2, Jet, Mod live ...

Even if you have the app and/or the program for the PC you cannot use it.
Servers are offline and you cannot log in or register.

There are several thousand people who want to continue using these products.

Almost 2000 people have read the other post on the problem.

I thought that everyone who has such a product and would like to continue using it should leave a little comment here.

maybe it will bring something.

10 Replies
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Alex55,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community and also for bringing the idea to comment on your post about the Recon products.

As you may read on this thread https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/Where-can-I-find-the-Recon-Engage-mobile-app-for-iPhone/td-p/660978, the product was discontinued a while ago.

The Recon Snow 2 was discontinued several years ago and we stopped supporting it in June of last year.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000028516/emerging-technologies/wearable-de...

Our best recommendation is always to verify with the Place of purchase too, they may provide you with technical assistance. From our side, this is out of our scope and Intel will not be monitoring this thread.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Jguyfaure
Beginner
It’s a non-sense to don’t support the product anymore. You bought Recon so you have to lead their engagement, have you seen how much is that product? It’s true that it’s released in 2013 but it’s supposed to be an high-tech product for winter sports trough the years, also then this is an Oakley product who is a leader in ski goggles. By the way, they put the product back on sale these days in limited edition at the same price then 8 years ago so... but I know at this point it’s not your problem but if you are a little consciencious and comprehensive company you should fix the problem with Oakley who supposed to be a world leader company in her branch like yours and not a negligent customer service like that’s the case in this situation. Thanks to do your best to keep us satisfied.
Alexis_n
Novice

Hi Maria,

How can activited and upgrade my snow 2. I have a Oakley Airwave

My snow2 was restart and and now I have the original firmaware and also can not activate the Hud.

Can you help me.

alexi5@me.com

Thank you.

Alexis

0 Kudos
Deraj
Beginner
This is quite an issue, it's a shame to not be able to fully utilize the features I paid for when I bought these goggles.
I'd really appreciate someone getting the app back up and functional.
0 Kudos
derek01
Beginner

As a professional smoke blower, I use the Recon Jet when I'm not in the field to keep track of my run progression scores. This is why Google is spanking the opps. TURN IT BACK ON IBM. THESE GLASSES COST ME A LOT OF MONEY FAM. I only created this IBM account to yell at IBM btw. =[ all joking aside, IBM bought the company to shut it down after Recon had already released a decent product that plenty of people use and would love to continue using

0 Kudos
Alexis_n
Novice

Hi Alex,

Do you have the program for your PC.

My snow2 was restart and and now I have the original firmaware and also can not activate the Hud.

Any news or program for update the firmware, please send me a email.

alexi5@me.com

Thank you.

Alexis

0 Kudos
Deraj
Beginner
Hi Alex55
I too am frustrated that I can no long use my Snow2 goggles as they were intended. How hard is it to just leave the server open at least so we can just log in and make use of the software they provided in the past? Oakley isn't responsible for the software, they just partnered with Recon Instruments which Intel bought out then Intel discontinued the Apps server. Come on!
0 Kudos
Alex55
New Contributor I

look here
https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/Recon-Instruments-UPLINK-Snow-2/m-p/1200190#M30247

look at my penultimate post, there you can see how you can read out your gps data

0 Kudos
rob4wards
Beginner
Why wont somebody create a new app if thousands of goggles owners are willing to pay for it?
0 Kudos
Alex55
New Contributor I
if you want an app like before you have to run a server there and that's an expensive thing for one person making something like that. and only very few would be willing to pay a monthly fee. I think there would be problems with the licenses as well.

But at least there is now a leg to read the data.
0 Kudos