Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7441 Discussions

Screen mirroring(miracast) works only if intel management engine intface disabled

jkhan4
Novice

i have Hp probook 450 G5 with realtek rtl 8821ce wireless card..for getting a perfect screen mirroring(casting wirelessly miracast) i have to disable intel management engine interface from device manager system devices section otherwise screen on the tv freezes after some time of connection only way to rectify this is to disable intel management engine interface driver.

but if i disable intel management engine interface driver then i get internet connectivity problem i.e google dns not responding.

i updated intel management engine interface,wifi card,intel graphics to latest drivers but the problem persists?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello jkhan4,

Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities.

In order to get the best assistance with the issues you are getting with Intel ® Management Engine Interface it is recommended for you to contact the system manufacturer (in this case HP). They will assist you with any possible issues related to that. 

The Intel® Management Engine Interface (MEI) is a layer within the motherboard BIOS that allows interaction between the operating system and the BIOS itself, that is why the manufacturer of the system should be able to assist you further.

Regards,

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos