Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Silent install doesn't, it just goes bang.

pevan2
Novice

Windows 10 LTSB 2016, atom x5, intel 3165

Referencing this: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005730.html Silent Installation of Intel® WiFi Driver and Intel® PROSet/Wireless...

With the latest one,

even with the original setup.xml, the following command will fail in an unhelpful way:

setup -c setup.xml

"Exception: Configuration Error: Unable to apply configuration: setup.xml"

adding -l out.txt

gives us the attached.

[09F0:0B80][2017-09-26T13:58:57]: Parsing: 'C:\DRIVERS\intelwifi\setup.xml'

[09F0:0B80][2017-09-26T13:58:57]: Setting string variable 'WixBundleName' to value 'Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software'

[09F0:0B80][2017-09-26T13:58:57]: Setting string variable 'ProductName' to value 'Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software'

[09F0:0B80][2017-09-26T13:58:57]: Exception: Configuration Error: Unable to apply configuration: x.xml

[09F0:0530][2017-09-26T14:00:13]: Shutting down, exit code: 0xffffffff

[09F0:0530][2017-09-26T14:00:13]: OnBurnEvent_Shutdown

I find it interesting that setup doesn't work with its own setup.xml file (renamed in this example)

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Pon,

We understand you're having issues performing a custom installation of the latest Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and drivers using the setup.xml method.

Please keep in mind that the paramether after "setup -c" should be the configuration ID, not the file name.

For example: setup.exe -c default

or for a regular silent installation: setup.exe -q

Would it be possible to share your custom setup.xml file?

Best regards,

Carlos A.
pevan2
Novice

Awesome. That is indeed a case of "not reading carefully enough." Give yourself a point.

Clearly I was labouring under the false impression that -c like many unix things.

The custom setup.xml just had the My Wifi turned off.

I shall now go back to the next promleb on my list. No sound from Intel SST at all.

However at this point I am unable to prove that it's not a faulty tablet.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Pon,

It happens to the best of us, don't worry.

As far as Intel® Smart Sound Technology goes, that one's definitely outside of my area of expertise. What I understand is that the SST driver is wrapped by the audio codec driver and then provided to the OEM for integration. Your tablet's manufacturer should be able to help you get to the bottom of that one.

If there's anything else we can help you with, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos