Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Slow download speed issue on Intel dual band Wireless-AC 3165

JebIsDoingGood
Beginner

Hello,

I recently updated my intel wireless drivers and after that my download speed is 3.2 mbps, but before updating it my speed was  25mbps+ my router is able to give a total speed upto 30mbps . I even checked on other devices and the speed on it is very much faster than my laptop 

So if anyone had a solution to this it would have been helpful!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DeividA_Intel

Hello JebIsDoingGood,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

· Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html  

· Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

· To save your scan, click Next and click Save.  

2. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed on your computer or did you change/install the adapter to this one?   

3. Is the Bluetooth working?  

4. What is the brand and model name of your router?

5. Have you checked with the laptop manufacturer for troubleshooting steps?

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello JebIsDoingGood,

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello JebIsDoingGood,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos