Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Sudden problem with connection between PC and Quest 2 with Intel AX200 WiFi

Krxon
Beginner

Hello

I have Asus PCE-AX58BT WiFi card which uses Intel AX200 chip for fast Wi-Fi 6.

I use it to connect Oculus Quest 2 VR headset and Windows 10 PC with Windows Mobile Hotspot option and with Virtual Desktop app. I used Intel drivers not Asus ones because Asus ones are outdated.

Until recently, it was working fine.

I could get nice 1.2 Gbit speed between PC and Quest 2, but after latest windows 10 upgrade on 10th June 2022, I cant get it to work properly.
Whenever I activate mobile hotspot on PC, I can connect devices to it, but internet stops working on PC.

So, I can connect my Quest 2 or phone to hotspot and they have internet, but PC doesn't have internet anymore. Which is bad because Virtual Desktop needs internet from PC, browser needs internet, Steam needs internet, etc.

It seems that as soon as mobile hotspot is activated, Ethernet card stops sending data to everything else except hotspot. Before windows update all worked OK.

I already tried many solutions found on internet and this forum:
- reset all network cards, reinstalling Intel AX200 card, tried old drivers, new drivers, used driver cleaner to completely removed new drivers and used old drivers again, reset Windows defender firewall settings, reset all network options, switched network from Public to Private, updated lan drivers
Unfortunately, I cannot roll back windows update because it doesn't allow it.

- I also tried to set up internet sharing on Ethernet card, but when I do so,
this happens: Internet is back on PC but phone (or Quest 2) cannot connect to mobile hotspot, shows this error: "Couldn't get IP address".
I've spent good portion of two days on it, but without luck...
Eventually, I will get dedicated 5G router, but before spending, I would like to exhaust all known solutions.
Do you have any other suggestion that I might try, other than that what I already tried?
Thanks, regards

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Krxon,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 (Gig+)

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

2. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed on your computer or did you change/install the adapter to this one?  

3. Do you have the proxy enabled?  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Krxon, 

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Krxon,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Krxon
Beginner

Hello

Whoa hold on, you are rather fast to close threads.
Maybe I was away from the office and I couldn't respond in time?

Anyway, while I was away, some nice people on other forums identified the cause of this issue.

It was because of (yet another) bug in latest Windows update:

https://www.neowin.net/news/the-latest-updates-break-wi-fi-hotspots-in-windows-10-and-11/

So you may close this thread.

Or you could help them how to make wifi mobile hotspot more stable with faster speeds,
without occasional slowdowns and hiccups, if they manage to fix it

Thanks
Regards

0 Kudos