Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CTu6
Beginner

The latest AC 8265 bluetooth driver doesn't work for me, but previous version works perfectly.

My operation system is windows 7 x64, and desktop motherboard is MSI x299 Carbon AC witch is equipped with Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 adapter for bluetooth connection.

In the first place, I installed bluetooth driver from MSI which is the same as what Intel web page provide (19.70.0)

When I paired my devices like headphone or smartphones, an error message showed device driver software was not successful installed, and no bluetooth peripheral device driver found.

Then, I uninstalled the bluetooth driver and installed the oldest version (19.0.1607.640). The devices driver could be found, but my headphone didn't work.

Again, Uninstalled version 19.0.1607.640 and I tried version 19.40.1. Headphone is successfully paired and installed its driver automatically, Everything works perfectly.

I hope my experience is helpful to improve Intel further driver design.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello kasfix,

Thank you for reporting this issue.

There is a new Bluetooth® driver set to be released soon. However, since it's still undergoing testing and validation, we are unable to provide a release date at this time.

Are you interested in troubleshooting, or are you OK with using the 19.40.1 driver for the time being?

Best regards,

Carlos A.
CTu6
Beginner

I am glad if I can help.

idata
Community Manager

Hello kasfix,

We appreciate the feedback.

On a side note, even though your OEM download may have a matching version number to our Intel® generic drivers, theirs is customized for your system. We'll let you know when the new Bluetooth* software becomes available.

Best regards,

Carlos A.