Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7365 Discussions

Troubleshoot Installing Bluetooth Driver in Windows 10

MChri8
Beginner

Dear friends,

I just upgrade my notebook from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.

My notebook is Fujitsu Lifebook A Series AH552.

One driver didn't work after upgrading to Windows 10 i.e. Bluetooth Driver.

It has no problem in Windows 8.1, I can transfer data to and from my noteebook to my portable devices, most of them are smartphones.

I already download and install "Intel(R) Driver Update Utility" and the download goes well. It also update my display driver with no problems.

The problem occurs when I was installing my bluettooth driver. The following message of the dialog box are shown below:

----------

Service 'Intel Bluetooth Service' (ibtsiva.exe) could not be installed. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to install system services.

----------

Is there anyway to fix this problem?

Thank you.

22 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

marcellius.ac

Our first recommendation is to check with your computer manufacturer if they have any available solution. You can check their contact number here: http://www.intel.com/support/oems.htm Computer Manufacturer Support

Please, also check if your Firewall and/or antivirus configuration is impacting on the installation. It may be that the driver got corrupted during installation so try to uninstall it completely to the point that the system does not recognize it and then proceed to installing it gain from your computer manufacturer.

What wireless adapter do you have?

MChri8
Beginner

My wireless adapter is detected as follow:

I also tried to deactivate the Firewall but the problem still occur. I check the manufacturer support site, and it said that the driver can be obtained directly from Windows Update.

Thx.

ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

marcellius.ac

Yes, the support for the Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230 is provided by Windows*10 own inbox driver. However, one important point is to be ubsolutely sure your computer is fully compatible with this new OS. We have noticed that when the installation of tWindows*10 is forced on systems that are not meant to have it, the user encouters several issues. Your computer manufacturer can provide you this information. You can find thier contact information here: http://www.intel.com/support/oems.htm Computer Manufacturer Support

On our best effort yo help you, you can try the drivers found in our support webpage, however, it is important that you know that since our dirvers are generic, they may not be fully compatible with your system. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25206/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Bluetooth-technology-for-Windows-10-64-bit-JP- Download Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® technology for Windows® 10 64-bit (JP)

You will need to uninstall the current Bluetooth* software to the point that Windows sees it as an unknown device and then proceed with the install of the drivers informed above. Please remember to contact your computer manufacturer first in order to check if there is not any available drivers on their side.

0 Kudos
BSpec1
Novice

I too am having the exact issue with the driver install. I have a NUC6i5SYH , made by INTEL. Why does intel post a driver for download and install that it knows is not used by the operating system. Why not include somewhere in big bold print, since if you have this machine, probably 90% chance you are installing windows 10, that you should not waste yet more time on a wormhole created by INTEL for the benefit of those customers into masochism.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

melikenuc,

We will be more than glad to assist you but it seems that the scenarios presented are different as the intial issue is related to an OEM wireless adapter.

Please describe your issue in details in order for us to see what kind of support we can provide you.

0 Kudos
BSpec1
Novice

I try to install the blue tooth driver intel offers on its support website driver page for the NUC6i5SYH and the install gets hung in the middle and i get the identical error message as was posted at the beginning of the thread.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

melikenuc,

Could you please provide full information on your system?

0 Kudos
BSpec1
Novice

win 10, fully updated, 32 GB ram, 250GB EVO m.2. And if your next question is regarding blue tooth devices, I experienced the install fail above with no devices paired as well as when they were paired.

Additionally, and if this is a technical impossibility then so be it, but with respect to blue tooth, it is massively more preferable to use blue tooth mice and keyboards for obvious reasons relating to flexibility and eliminating use of usb ports, but what is a major non-starter or at least requires you to keep an older version of both in the bottom drawer is that the BIOS stage of the boot does not recognize Bluetooth peripherals - they don't get recognized until windows loads. If there is anyway Intel could overcome that it would be a HUGE value add.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

melikenuc,

Have you tried to clean uninstall the drivers tot he point that Windows* will no longer recognizes it and then install them again?

0 Kudos
JGold8
Beginner

Same issue here. I have been having this problem for about a year now since I upgraded to Win 10. When I use the Intel driver update utility it detects a new bluetooth driver and attempts to install it, but always fails with the following error:

Service 'Intel Bluetooth Service' (ibtsiva.exe) could not be installed. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to install system services.

Previous to upgrading to Windows 10 the Intel driver update utility upgraded the bluetooth drivers several times without problems. I tried to manually run the installation as Admin but that didn't help.

Windows 10 Home v1511 build 10586.420

Intel Centrino Wireless N 2230

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

JGold,

Have you checked with your computer manufacturer first in order to find out if there is any security police for driver installation?

Please check this link as it may contain information that might help you resolve this situation: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005821.html?wapkw=linux+drivers+support+for+wireless Frequently Asked Questions about Bluetooth® Technology

Best regards,

Aleki

0 Kudos
ELO6
Beginner

Same thing Happen here. NUC6i5SYK. Intel's latest model, With latest Bios. Please Intel do something to fix it.

ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Hello LOedmund and melikenuc

Please check the following link as the information in it may be helpful to resolve the issue: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005821.html?wapkw=linux+drivers+support+for+wireless Bluetooth® FAQ for Network and I O

Muthu_K_Intel
Employee

Uninstall any Bluetooth drivers you have installed and cold boot (shutdown /p from admin cmd line) the system. Then go to Windows update to get the

latest driver. Please reply if this helped.

0 Kudos
ELO6
Beginner

Thanks. But I have already solved this- Fresh install a windows 10. I have tried the "clean uninstall" method, but it didn't work. the only thing that I haven't tried is to try the latest windows update. Too bad that I have to format and have a fresh install there. INCONVENIENT!

0 Kudos
BSpec1
Novice

that link was too generic to be of any help - what would be the desired response would be something that contains specific information addressing the issue in the very first post, identifying the exact specific problem - i would have to think that it is a pretty big recurring issue when you are talking about a hung install routing of an core intel driver on windows 10 - something that I would assume, if I was running Intel, that I would get at least one of the 100,000 employees on it, preferably an engineer with competence in this area - say someone that wrote the driver, and have reproduce the problem and provide either a solution or a confirmation of the problem and that you are working on it or simply that the two users who took the time to comment here (and I am sure there are hundreds if not thousands of others who didn't because the fact of the matter is it still works perse, but not that great i can tell you, with common interruptions - which says something aint wright although the hung install routine is the first clue) are simply incompetent gadflys.

0 Kudos
MPala15
Beginner

Same issue here with a nuc6i3syh, bluetooth not working and intel drivers can't be installed...

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Hello golgoth and melikenuc

Did you try the suggestion provided by MUTHU KUMAR and check if it works? Please report back as soon as you have done it.

0 Kudos
BSpec1
Novice
  • yes - I have tried everything. I even took my NUC for a long weekend in the country. There is a specific conflict that requires the analysis of someone at Intel and Microsoft. I am not saying that the blue tooth doesn't work. I am saying that it behaves sub optimally and also that when Intel posts a driver for download on its website for Windows 10 and it systematically will not install - that is a HUGE example of negligence. Either take it down or fix it - but to leave it up there to torture thousands of your customers as I said is just downright negligent.
0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

melikenuc,

What exactly do you mean when you say that it behaves "sub optmally"? Please provide full details of this behavior.

0 Kudos