Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7653 Discussions

Update problem: SoftwareComponent - 2.1123.706.4 (Connectivity Performance Suite-Software ?)

Gunter-H
Novice

Hello Intel-Community!

Numerous times I failed to install the update for: Intel Corporation - SoftwareComponent - 2.1123.706.4 now!

Each morning the same game and without any success. Can you please indicate how to get rid of this never ending 'to-dos'?

My individual SSU log please find attached.

Thanks for your support!

BR

Gunter

0 Kudos
36 Replies
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Gunter-H  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I will do my best to assist you here. 

Have you tried installing the latest Intel® Connectivity Performance Suite version

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
Gunter-H
Novice

Hi Jocelyn!

I updated Intel® Connectivity Performance Suite software package version 21.23.7137  with my HP Support Assistant and tested the update status of my system.

That's what it shows afterwards:

GunterH_0-1693261414931.png

NO success!

Makes you desperate! Any more idea?

BR Gunter

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Gunter-H  

Thank you for the information provided. I am sorry to hear that it didn't work. 

Have you tried Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers, using the latest wireless driver? If it didn't work, try this step with your System Manufacturer's driver

Note: We recommend checking with your System Manufacturer and using the driver software provided by them to avoid potential installation incompatibilities. Intel supplies generic versions of Wireless Drivers for general purposes. Computer manufacturers might have changed the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the graphics driver software or software packaging. 

If the issue still persists, please attach a new SSU report so we can investigate further about this update error. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Gunter-H
Novice

Hi Jocelyn,

after spending long hours for repeatedly updating the System Manufacturers' driver according your recommendation from above, this is the outcome:

• HP is offering on their drivers support page for WiFi 6E AX211 the version: 22.230.0.8
  • Intel is now with your recommended download on: 22.240.0.6.

I managed to download and updated yours on my system.

However after pushing Windows Update button again it shows:

GunterH_0-1693390572565.jpeg

So, we are running in circles with this issue. It is annoying!

How to get out of here?! Can you please clarify with HP colleagues?

BR

Gunter

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Gunter-H  

Thank you for the information provided.  

I know this is a frustrating situation for you, and we are trying our best to solve this issue with you, however, this is the only report we have about this issue and we don't have an exact solution as you may understand. 

Please, as previously requested, provide us with the new SSU report so we can investigate further. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Gunter-H
Novice

Hi Jocelyn,

thanks for your reply.

Sorry, something with the attachment went wrong!

Here again ...

BR

Gunter

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Gunter-H  

No worries, thank you for the report provided. 

However, we need a new report, since we have made changes in the driver software and I don't see any changes on it in comparison to the first one you attached previously, is this the same report you attached in your first post?  

If so, please run the Intel SSU tool again and attach the new report. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Gunter-H
Novice

Hi Jocelyn,

thanks for your reply.

That what I sent was the latest!

However for clarification here once more a brand new one.

BR

Gunter

0 Kudos
Gunter-H
Novice

Currently the situation is that the latest version 22.240.0.6 is installed.

However if I shut off the system I have to download and update 22.230.0.8 from HP. No chance to bypass!

Finally by doing the enforced Update I end at this 22.230.0.8 and not with this 22.240.0.6

GunterH_0-1693418658958.jpeg

BR

Gunter

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Gunter-H  

Thank you for the new report. 

Please allow me some time to do some research on this. As soon as I have updates, I will let you know. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Gunter-H  

Thank you for your time. 

Try a Clean Installation of the Intel® Connectivity Performance Suite, follow this article so you delete the driver entirely and install the latest Intel® Connectivity Performance Suite version

How to Uninstall or Roll Back to an Older Version of Intel® Connectivity Performance Suite Software  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Gunter-H     

I am checking this thread and I would like to know if you were able to perform the steps of my previous post and how it went.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Gunter-H
Novice

Hi Jocelyn,

honestly I didn't dare to do the 'Uninstall and Roll Back'. I fear of bringing my running system in danger if failing.

I'm not an IT professional and the process of deleting and installation is quite complex. I also can't oversee if there is any conflict with the INTEL package and the HP OEM version.

I'm still waiting of one day the any next update will come and overwrite or heal the defect. For stopping the automatic reminders I put this switch on "off".

BR

Gunter

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Gunter-H  

Thank you for your reply, I totally understand your concern about it. 

Please allow me to do some more research on this. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Gunter-H  

Thank you for your time. 

In this case, our final recommendation here to contact your System Manufacturer for further assistance. We really hope this issue can be solved soon. 

This thread will no longer be monitored, but if you need further assistance with other matters, please feel free to contact us back and submit a new post.

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Tom_U
Beginner

Has anyone succeeded in solving this issue? The Intel Corporation - SoftwareComponent - 2.1123.706.4 daily update started a few weeks ago on my HP Elite Book 840 G9.

The following update occurring each morning!

Tom_U_0-1696882866499.png

Thanks for any help I can get. (p.s. I am not an IT person. I used to be an Assembly Language programmer for microprocessors application back in the 80's)

0 Kudos
Gunter-H
Novice

Hi Tom!

Intel lowered the sails and refered to HP (see above).

With HP Service Hotline I had uncountable follow-up sessions with all tries in this. 

Last one was today with deleting and reinstallation of driver again. 

However the "Intel Corporation - SoftwareComponent - 2.1123.706.4" update request came in already this evening.

It is a mess.

/Gunter

0 Kudos
carstengiese
Beginner

The root cause of this issue is the fact, that Windows Update is doing the exact requirements-scan like the Intel Driver Support Assistant and checks only for availability of 12Gen Intel CPU and existence of the Intel WiFi 6E AX211 and both are recommending to install the above mentioned Performance Suite.

But the driver-install itself checks on a deeper level and stops at that point, when it sees the HP-variant of the WiFi card reporting a PNPID of PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_51F0&SUBSYS_00948086&REV_01 and because of this subsys-info the installer stops and initiates a rollback of the driver.

In Windows "Application" eventlog you will see an event-id 16 and the XML-view of that event-Details shows "Platform Invalid - Uninstalling". And the original Intel package throws a popup with error "No Intel ... hardware was detected." 

Unfortunately HP is using the exact same installer from Intel to try that install - and of course this is failing at the exact same point.

Only solution here: Intel needs to sync the requirements-check of the driver-installer with the inital Hw check as its done by MS Update and Intel Driver Support Assistant (and also as mentioned in the official requirements PDF coming with the Intel-package).

0 Kudos
Gunter-H
Novice

Hi Carsten,

thank you so much for your contribution.

For me as a user it sounds professional after all the failed tries!

Will forward this to HP Hotline for them to care about. Or maybe Intel Support follows this and acts on their own accord.

BR

Gunter

0 Kudos
Awaiter
Beginner

Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm having the same issue.  I'm running an HP Zbook Furey 16 G9.

Intel Corporation - SoftwareComponent - 2.1123.706.4 is loading and installing.  Windows 11 Pro is telling me it is installing.  But every time I reboot windows it is showing me that it wants to reinstall it.  This has been going on for about a month now. 

I tried to install Intel® Connectivity Performance Suite software package.  Here is the error I get when I do that.

Awaiter_0-1697041111345.png

0 Kudos