Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7653 Discussions

Update problem: SoftwareComponent - 2.1123.706.4 (Connectivity Performance Suite-Software ?)

Gunter-H
Novice

Hello Intel-Community!

Numerous times I failed to install the update for: Intel Corporation - SoftwareComponent - 2.1123.706.4 now!

Each morning the same game and without any success. Can you please indicate how to get rid of this never ending 'to-dos'?

My individual SSU log please find attached.

Thanks for your support!

BR

Gunter

0 Kudos
36 Replies
Gunter-H
Novice

It is exactly what I have to deal with for couple of weeks now.

I had a intense discussion with HP Hotline Support today how to deal with this! 

After I told them about 'carstengiese' above solution comment they try to make a U-turn with their support and want me in return to consult Intel. However my standpoint is that, after I purchased hardware and software from HP, they are responsible to handle on eye-level back-to-back with Intel Support. I don't have any contact to Intel or contract with them. It is HP task! Wrong way!

Maybe any Intel-Driver Support reads this and is so kind to drive the solution finding in here! 

The syncronisation of the requirements-check of the driver-installer by INTEL seems a plausible software update work after a bug identification and to be done by them.

Please INTEL Support please fix this annoying bug!

Thanks

/Gunter

Morpheus
Beginner

Same problem here, HP ZBook Fury 16 G9 Mobile Workstation, and have been given the runaround between Microsoft, HP, and Intel just like the rebooting request every day or by pressing the Windows update button to force update. I-SSU log and restart request screenshot attached. 

0 Kudos
Gunter-H
Novice

After many tries with HP Service Online they push me to do this:

"This issue was closely checked with our Advance Technical Support team and was suggested to the tbs.

So you can go ahead in try doing an OS RESTORE first and if that does not help then OS RESET which will surely resolve.

But before you proceed, please have all the data backed up. Just to be on the safer side about the data. "

Can INTEL or anybody out there comment if this has the potential for a solution? Don't want to risk a running system and spend long hours to make things worse!

Be more than happy for every comment!

/Gunter

0 Kudos
carstengiese
Beginner

Finally I decided to solve the issue with a small Powershell-script. It hides that specific update - no more reboot cycles!

#requires -RunAsAdmin
$UpdateSession = New-Object -ComObject Microsoft.Update.Session
$UpdateSearcher = $UpdateSession.CreateupdateSearcher()
$Updates = @($UpdateSearcher.Search("IsHidden=0").Updates)
foreach ($u in $Updates) {
    if ($u.Title -eq 'Intel Corporation - SoftwareComponent - 2.1123.706.4') {
        write-host $u.Title
        $u.IsHidden = $true
        break
    }
}
'done.'

0 Kudos
Gunter-H
Novice

Guess your script doesn't work!

Is it?

GunterH_0-1699129967973.png

Any idea?

0 Kudos
Morpheus
Beginner

Hi Gunter-H,  

I have tried the restore from cloud (also recommended by HP) with no luck.  Tried twice, one reset and windows connecting to the internet and once without connecting to the internet (local user and the connecting and updating) with no success.  It always comes back.

Also tried the script above from carstengiese (you have to create a script file and run the script file as admin), after rebooting and forcing windows update (twice) it comes back again, so for me it did not work.

Finally, now at my third reset, I found this solution from Microsoft community.  So I selected "Intel Corporation - SoftwareComponent - 2.1123.706.4" from the list of updates on the windows tool and seems to be working .... for now????.  Has been about 6 hours and the update has not come back yet. 

Here is the link of the MS community, hopefully it will work for the long run until Intel comes up with a solution.    How to Stop a Failed Update from Trying Again - Microsoft Community

0 Kudos
carstengiese
Beginner

I am wondering how you could run that outdated MS-tool on Win11 at all. It is even no longer supported by MS and does not show any updates for me in latest Win11.

0 Kudos
Gunter-H
Novice

My system rejected the execute.

Stopped to run the above link after repeated warnings.

Seems not a successful bug fix!

0 Kudos
Morpheus
Beginner

carstengiese: Even being an outdated tool, it worked for me.  Did you try it?

0 Kudos
carstengiese
Beginner

You need to execute the script "as admin". Just open powershell_ise.exe as admin, copy the code in it and run it (green arrow on top).

0 Kudos
Gunter-H
Novice

Did my best, however somehow it doesn't look good:

GunterH_0-1699176416063.png

What do you think?

0 Kudos
carstengiese
Beginner

That error and your screenshot indicate, that you dont have admin rights. You need to run the program "as admin".

0 Kudos
Gunter-H
Novice

Finally I was successful with this for the moment by suppressing updates:

(translate from German if necessary)

0 Kudos
TravisDesignerWork

I used  HP ZBook Studio G9 16 inch. Window require me to update everyday, restart then they install then require to restart again, and this circle repeat again.

It's almost half years, please fix it Intel.

0 Kudos
Gunter-H
Novice

Thanks Travis!

.... for supporting this bug fix with your blog. The Intel ignorance is annoying!

The update loop shows also in my HP Support Assistant permanently:

GunterH_0-1715319954937.png

You don't get rid of it

0 Kudos
carstengiese
Beginner

This is soooo annoying! For any reason Intel has still has a different (more aggressive) Hardware-Check in the install-routines and then it blocks the installation on all HP Z-Books.

ONLY solution - Never ever buy an HP Z-Boook again!!!

0 Kudos