Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7617 Discussions

Websites not loading (Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260)

FightTree
Beginner

I have the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 wireless card and I can't open certain websites and apps. These then show me that I have no internet although I can open YouTube or google without any problems. I have tried the latest driver, troubleshooting, reinstalling the pc and so on, but without success. if i use cloudflare warp, for example, i can use all websites as usual. Thank you in advance and best regards

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @FightTree  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I will do my best to assist you here. 

Please, answer these questions to have a better perspective of this issue: 

1. Is the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 the pre-installed Wi-Fi card in your system or is it an integration (upgrade/ not the original card)? 
  2. Is it a Desktop PC or a Laptop? 
  3. Was it working before? 
  4. Does this issue happen with other browsers (e.g. Edge, Firefox)? 
  5. What do you mean exactly by "Troubleshooting"? What steps did you do? 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
FightTree
Beginner

1. It is an upgrade

2. Desktop PC

3. 8 months ago it was working

4. In every browser its the same, I can open Yt, google but certain websites dont load

5.I just tried windows troubleshooter, deinstalled drivers downloaded this intel driver app, deactivated the card in device manager

Thank you in advance for youre help

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @FightTree  

Thank you for the information provided. 

It is worth mentioning that Intel does not support wireless integrations (installing a different wireless adapter into your system/laptop). We recommend you speak to the Manufacturer of your equipment for support on wireless integrations and replacement parts to ensure compliance with the regulatory requirements of your country and support. It is important to check for compatibility with the System Manufacturer, as there could be certain cards that will not work with the system.  

For more information, read the following article under the title "Regulatory Information Regarding Wireless Hardware Installation or Upgrade.

Please, keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

What was your previous wireless card? An older Intel card? If so, you needed to uninstall the old drivers, reboot and then install the latest (well, last) drivers for the 8260. Regardless, you need to use the versions of the driver packages that (still) included support for the 8260. Here is link to my share that has the final driver packages for the 8260: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtacZBU04mo-j-tQ34BdSDv6y1BFsg?e=7gn50T.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos