Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7439 Discussions

Why is my network card so slow????

MMill36
Beginner

Hello, My name is Mason and I recently bought a GXiVR8060A5 Gamer XTREME VR SERIES - INTEL EDITION and I connected the antennas and it was perfect connection then one day I unplugged them and put them back in with horrible connection.  My adapter name is straight from device manager: Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168 and also the P/N for the computer I bought is 90LMGG501Q022E3U and the ASUS Serial Number(S/N) is J8LMQS001075 and as I am writing this my network is disconnecting... I have driver reinstall discs for the motherboard and NVIDA last case I would use them, other then that it is great and the computer is 5 star. I have attached the SSU output txt file I have read many fourms with no solution lost stuck in all this confusion. Best regards, Mason.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello MMill36 Thank you for posting in the Intel Community. • Does the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168 came pre-installed on the system? • Was there any issue on the system prior the unplugged/plugged of the antennas? • Does the speed presents the same behavior if the system is connected to different networks? • Have you review the system manual or contacted the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) to confirm the correct order for the antenna connection? • Have you tried a clean installation of the wired drivers? See the steps bellow, test the clean installation with the drivers provided by the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and the lasted Intel® wireless drivers (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28358/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-10?product=94854). Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello MMill36 Thank you for posting in the Intel Community. • Does the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168 came pre-installed on the system? • Was there any issue on the system prior the unplugged/plugged of the antennas? • Does the speed presents the same behavior if the system is connected to different networks? • Have you review the system manual or contacted the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) to confirm the correct order for the antenna connection? • Have you tried a clean installation of the wired drivers? See the steps bellow, test the clean installation with the drivers provided by the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and the lasted Intel® wireless drivers (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28358/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-10?product=94854). Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
MMill36
Beginner

The network card came with the computer with no required action.

There was no prior issue

And I connected to both my 2G and 5G no difference.

I have not contacted the OEM.

And I will try reinstalling the drivers .

I am using a USB 802.11nic external network adapter and switched the antennas and it works pretty well but disconnects saying,"No Internet Access" But I am connected.

Thank you for your response I will try reinstalling shortly, Thank Leo.

0 Kudos
MMill36
Beginner

I tried reinstalling the network card along with a network reset the network adapter is running ok so far but its displaying 1/2 bars like it was before

That is as high as I could get it anyways we recently switched to a newer model of modem before I go this PC and we are probably going to switch back.....

Thanks for your help as far as I can say my problem is resolved.

0 Kudos