Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz -2.4GHz & 5GHz: connected, no internet access

grocerylist
Novice

I've been experiencing wifi issues with my manufacturer installed ax200 wifi card essentially since I got my new Asus Zephyrus G14. Problems initially were fairly intermittent on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz but occasionally I have extended outages. Since then I'd read in some forums to try to use the intel drivers direct from intel, rather than the Asus recommended drivers.

I've gone through a few different wifi drivers (asus recommended driver v21.60.0.5, I'm currently using v21.90.3.2.

With 21.90.3.2, it seems like 2.4GHz is fairly stable but 5GHz is essentially unusable. I'm able to connect to 5GHz but almost immediately when connected it shows "no internet access".

I've tried updating to v21.110.1.1 but this driver fails to install.

1 Solution
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello grocerylist, I just received an update on this matter.

Please try a manually clean installation of Intel® Wireless driver version 21.120.0:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29816/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-IT-Admins?product=189347

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless.html

By any chance, do you have the option of testing the computer on a different network?

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
70 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hi grocerylist, Thank you very much for providing the .zip file, let me apologize for any inconvenience.

We will review it and as soon as I get any results, I will let you know all the updates on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
grocerylist
Novice

Hi Alberto, 

Do you have any results from the packet capture that I sent you? It's driving me nuts that I spent so much money on a laptop which is reliant on reliable wifi. I've started using an old USB wifi adapter I had lying around but it only allows 802.11n @ 150Mbps. It's pretty silly for me to have to use an external adapter in order to get wifi.

0 Kudos
Michael_Koby808
Beginner

Hello! I too am having the exact same issue with my Zephryus G15. The 2.4 and 5.0 Ghz networks were working fine before today. All of a sudden at around 12 pm JST my computer couldn't connect to the 5.0 Ghz network. The 5.0 Ghz network hardly shows up on the network list and when it does show up, when I try to connect to it, it says 'cannot connect to the network'. I have tried restarting the router (multiple times), restarting my computer (multiple times), I even uninstalled the network driver and reinstalled it and the problem still persists. Is there a solution for this? If someone could help me as well that would be heavily appreciated.

Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hi grocerylist, Thank you very much for letting us know those details.

We are still working on this matter, as soon as I get any more updates I will provide all the details n this thread.

Michael_Koby808, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

Please submit your inquiry on a new thread, the reason for this is that every scenario is different even if the same product is being used, so for us to better assist you and in order to try to fix the problem, please submit a new thread:

https://communities.intel.com/community/tech

Let me apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

We just wanted to clarify a few details about your platform: 

You mentioned this is a new computer, how long ago did you purchase it?

Was it working fine before?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

When did the issue start?

The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed in the computer?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or work environment?

By any chance, do you have the option to test your computer with a different Router or Access Point, or test your Router or Access Point with a different computer?

Please provide the SSU report as well:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
grocerylist
Novice

Hi Albert, 

I got this laptop May 13th.

The wifi has had this problem ever since I bought it. The wifi sometimes works but most of the time doesn't work.

The only hardware change I've made recently was to install a USB wifi adapter so I can get usable wifi, as the intel ax200 is unreliable. As far as software changes, yes I install different applications regularly. This is a new laptop, so I had many things I needed to install.

The issues started when it was new. 

The wireless card came installed in the computer.

I'm using Windows 10 Home, the version that came pre-installed.

The problem happens at home. I don't work.

I'm unable to test with a different router but I have 2 WAPs and the wifi doesn't seem to work with either.

Attached is my SSU.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hi grocerylist, Thank you very much for sharing that information.

We will do further research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Please try a manually clean installation of Intel® Wireless driver version 21.120.0:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29816/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-IT-Admins?product=189347

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless.html

By any chance, do you have the option of testing the computer on a different network?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
grocerylist
Novice

Hi Alberto, 

I swapped WAPs and my network is now stable at both 2.4GHz and 5GHz.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Evird29
Beginner

Hi grocerylist,

How did you swapped Waps?

0 Kudos
derekmski
Novice

I have 3 Intel AX200 chips, 2 in laptops, and 1 in my desktop in the PCIe form through the Ubit AX WiFi 6 WiFi Card.  The 2 laptops have no issues so far connecting to the 5ghz network.  However the desktop PCIe card has been having many issues the last few weeks.  Prior it was working flawlessly.  I have done a ton of troubleshooting including wiping Windows from scratch (currently on 20H2).  I also tried various wifi drivers including the past 3 versions and I am currently running the lastest 22.10.0.7.  I have an Asus RT-AX88U AX6000 Router.  Router on latest firmware.  I even tried exchanging the Ubit PCIe wifi card to see if it was a hardware failure but the new one is having the same problem.  The desktop card connects to the 2.4ghz with no problems, but I get slower speeds so I don't like using that.  This seems like a Windows 10/Intel issue and I wish they would figure this out.

0 Kudos
derekmski
Novice

Attached the settings for my Asus RT-AX88U.  Have had these settings set since I got it and have only started having issues about 2 weeks ago with the desktop PCIe AX200.

0 Kudos
TiagoJG
Novice

To fix this internet issue, please do as follows:

Win+X -> device manager -> network adapters -> right mouse click on the ax200 adapter -> properties -> advanced -> go to 802.11n/ac/ax Wireless Mode and pick Value: 802.11n

For some reason these drivers won't work properly with ac or ax on my computer. For the one with the same problem as me please test this. 

LeoIT
Novice

Do we have solution for not working 5ghz properly?

I am getting under 1mbps when using 5ghz with my Intel AX200 wifi card on my desktop. 

I have Netgear CAX80 and for some reason only 2.4ghz works with this card. Tried old and new drivers.

0 Kudos
TiagoJG
Novice

Have you tried my solution? It worked for me. Regards

0 Kudos
LeoIT
Novice

I meant do we have a solution to use 5ghz, but yes your hack works but I am only getting around 40mbps on my desktop.

2.4ghz is around 150mbps

I have 400MB plan from Spectrum. 

My phone using 5ghz getting 300mbps+ from Speedtest.

0 Kudos
TiagoJG
Novice

5GHz doesn't penetrate through walls as well as 2.4 GHz, are you close to your router?

0 Kudos
LeoIT
Novice

Yeah very close like 10 ft

0 Kudos
TiagoJG
Novice

Try to turn the computer's wifi off and on, restart the computer, reinstall drivers.
Sometimes when I use VPN from the university and then stop using it, I only get 50 mbps, I have to turn the wifi off and on.

0 Kudos
TremorRZ
Beginner

No offense but i'm thinking he tried already to turn it off and then on.......

I made an account specifically on intel just to post this. I also have had the same exact problem with the AX200 wifi and find it to be a really crappy piece of hardware. I don't have an asus laptop, a spectre. 

The first step toward overcoming a problem is admitting that it exists. This problem exists, and it is yours to deal with intel. Incredibly frustrating seeing that you didn't know the problem existed. I wonder how many other companies have had to spend $$$ tech supporting this disaster before intel would help. Ugh.

0 Kudos
Vegan
New Contributor I

Until i got better antennas I used to curse wireless, now that I have better understanding of RF propagation I have found antennas with an extension cable make a world of difference

metal blocks 2.4 GHz and above 

0 Kudos