Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7424 Discussions

Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz : Has encountered an internal error and has failed.

HelterAlan
Novice

Hi, i have an approx 1 year old Lenovo T5 28IMB05 (July 20) and the last few weeks the internet has been so unstable it has actually resulted in system freeze (only happens when viewing online content... music streaming or YouTube for example) requiring a hard reset.
It freezes the system, occasionally with a buzz (as if the sound has slowed so much it time-stretched) and requires a hard restart.

In the last days i did a complete factory reset of the system (new Windows 10) and used Avast Driver update to get the latest drivers... issue still happening. I used a Lenovo autorised diagnostic tool and they are unable to finad an issue, today the wifi adapter froze again and i have some info from the event viewer.

Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160mz (Current version: 22.60.0.6)

Events:
Event id 5005: TX/CMD timeout (TfdQueue hanged).

- <System>
  <Provider Name="Netwtw10" />
  <EventID Qualifiers="49152">5007</EventID>
  <Version>0</Version>
  <Level>2</Level>
  <Task>0</Task>
  <Opcode>0</Opcode>
  <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2021-09-01T13:25:58.2040423Z" />
  <EventRecordID>2213</EventRecordID>
  <Correlation />
  <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="14492" />
  <Channel>System</Channel>
  <Computer>DESKTOP-UUQT1NT</Computer>
  <Security />
  </System>
- <EventData>
  <Data>\Device\NDMP14</Data>
  <Data>Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz</Data>
  <Binary>0000040002003400000000008F1300C000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000</Binary>
  </EventData>
  </Event>

Event id 5005:

Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz : Has encountered an internal error and has failed 

- <System>
  <Provider Name="Netwtw10" />
  <EventID Qualifiers="49152">5005</EventID>
  <Version>0</Version>
  <Level>2</Level>
  <Task>0</Task>
  <Opcode>0</Opcode>
  <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2021-09-01T13:25:58.2040423Z" />
  <EventRecordID>2214</EventRecordID>
  <Correlation />
  <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="14492" />
  <Channel>System</Channel>
  <Computer>DESKTOP-UUQT1NT</Computer>
  <Security />
  </System>
- <EventData>
  <Data>\Device\NDMP14</Data>
  <Data>Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz</Data>
  <Binary>0000040002003400000000008D1300C000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000</Binary>
  </EventData>
  </Event>

(and these repeat a few times then freezes).

I am not sure what to write more at the moment, i am just wondering if you know of this error or have tips on how to fix.

Regards

Alan

15 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @HelterAlan

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

1- Are you having issues with Wi-Fi only or with Bluetooth too (both)?

2- Is the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 the original wireless adapter that came pre-installed in your system or did you integrate/replace it?

3- Do you remember if this issue happened after a new Windows update or Wireless/Bluetooth driver update?

4- Router / Access point model:

5- When the issue happens, is there any error message or error code under Windows* Device Manager >> Network Adapters >> Intel® Wireless Adapter >> right-click on Properties >> General tab?

6- An Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) report to gather more details about the system. Please follow these steps:

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • Once you have saved the file (.txt file), please attach it to your reply.

To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
picard
Beginner

2-Oct-2022       critical update

I hope intel support reads this.

The latest driver for   Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200    still DOES NOT SOLVE THIS ISSUE !!!   on windows 11.
Driver version:    22.170.0.3      (tested on 2-Oct-2022).

for details - please see:  Intel support case number:  05606098   (which I've opened) 

0 Kudos
HelterAlan
Novice

Hi, thanks for the reply, i shall gather this info and get back to you (apologies for late reply, i was away fro a few days).

Alan

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello HelterAlan

Thank you for your response. Sure!, no problem. Please take your time and we will be waiting for the details.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello HelterAlan

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
HelterAlan
Novice

Hi Andrew, i eneded up doin g a factory reset on the PC (what i did not want to do) and updated thew drivers listed on Lenovo's website for my model (not the latest found by Avast Driver updater) and it seems to be stable now.
I also did not re-install Avast so i am assuming somehow that upgrading to Avast Pro in the weeks before kicked off this whole disaster.

At the moment the PC seems stable and "solved" hopefully.

Thank you for your time and interest.

Alan

0 Kudos
HelterAlan
Novice

Here is the SSU text file anyway and answers to the initial questions:

No bluetooth issues that i know off but i don't think i have any bluettoth connections (without extra usb adapter... keyboard, mouse).

2- Is the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 the original wireless adapter that came pre-installed in your system or did you integrate/replace it?

Came pre-installed.

3- Do you remember if this issue happened after a new Windows update or Wireless/Bluetooth driver update?

Possibly yes for drivers... i think Avast recommended new ones as opposed to what Lenovo did.

Using neighbours/landlords WiFi... unsure

5- When the issue happens, is there any error message or error code under Windows* Device Manager >> Network Adapters >> Intel® Wireless Adapter >> right-click on Properties >> General tab?

Unable to have that after factory reset.

6- An Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) report to gather more details about the system. Please follow these steps:

attached.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello HelterAlan

Thank you for your response and for the details and the report.

We understand that the PC is stable now and it seems the problem is solved after you performed a factory reset and installed the drivers from Lenovo*. We are glad to know that and we will keep the thread open so you can monitor the behavior for some days and report if the behavior is totally fixed.

It is worth mentioning that the driver or software for your Intel® component might have been changed or replaced by the computer manufacturer (OEM) Lenovo*, and the usual recommendation is to use the drivers provided by the OEM and to get the drivers through the official tools or websites published by the OEM. Having said that, we agree that it was a good idea to install the drivers from Lenovo* and our recommendation is that you continue using the drivers from Lenovo* Support websites.

If you would like to use a tool or a feature to automate the process, it seems that Lenovo* has options for this purpose, for instance, the "Automatic Driver Update*" feature on their website or the Lenovo* System Update tool. We would recommend checking further with Lenovo* Support team for more details about these and other options.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

jon_s
Beginner

Afternoon Andrew.

This is not an isolated incident for HelterAlan. I have the same machine as described in the original post with what appears to be an identical error message.

I experienced my first crash after the latest Windows Update.

To help expedite the matter as I do not wish to perform a factory reset, I will also answer your original questions:

It appears it is an issue with the component/driver itself. I am not using any Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. Instead, I am hard wired to my router for internet.

It came with the original purchase.

I have been having issues with this per the event log, but the system froze and crashed on me for the first time this morning after a windows update.

Linksys whw03

When the issue happens, the system is frozen. Upon rebooting, the General tab no longer displays any error messages.

Attached

Any suggestions are welcome! Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @jon_s 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

The root cause of the problem reported by HelterAlan seems to be due to a conflict with a third-party tool used to update drivers (Avast*); however, you mentioned that the crash/freezing issues started after some Windows* Updates, so this could be a different problem.

Everyone's situation and environment are unique so we kindly recommend creating a new thread to isolate your case and system configuration. Please make sure you add the information of the system model and specs, detailed information of the problem that you are having, plus all the information that you have already added to this thread, so we can get more information about the problem.

Thank you for your understanding; hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
HelterAlan
Novice

Thanks so much for the reply and additional feedback plus recommendations... i appreciate your time and help.

Best regards,

Alan

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello HelterAlan

Sure! You are very welcome, we are glad to help.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello HelterAlan

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance or if everything is fine and we can consider this request solved?

Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello HelterAlan

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. It has been a pleasure to assist you.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
picard
Beginner

2-Oct-2022       critical update

I hope intel support reads this.

The latest driver for   Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200    still DOES NOT SOLVE THIS ISSUE !!!   on windows 11.
Driver version:    22.170.0.3      (tested on 2-Oct-2022).
event viewer error id's  - 5005, 5002 wi-fi card stops working, until disabled and re-enabled.

for details - please see:  Intel support case number:  05606098   (which I've opened on Sep-2022) 

0 Kudos