Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7441 Discussions

Wi-Fi 6 AX200 and display port issue

Develu
Beginner

On my new machine HP omen 15-en0012na I have Wi-Fi 6 AX200 installed.

The issue is that whenever I use external display with mini display port connected and restart or put computer to sleep and then wake it up, the wifi card becomes inactive and I have to disconnect the screen and fully restart the machine.

Solutions I've tried so far:

1. Updating the bios
  2. Updating all the drivers from the official hp driver page
  3. Installing intel drivers for Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200
  4. Dissabling the option for pc to be able to put wifi adapter to sleep
  5. Chaning MIMO Power Save Mode to No SMPS
  6. In advanced power options disabling pc's ability to put the hard drive to sleep
  7. Uninstalling omen command center
  8. Checking bios options for useful options regarding the issue

I've checked the event log on windows and I found these errors messages.
Miniport Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz, {7f01b158-9352-4e17-b94a-457b5c425fcb}, had event Fatal error: The miniport has failed a power transition to operational power
The local Bluetooth adapter has failed in an undetermined manner and will not be used. The driver has been unloaded.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @Develu

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We would like to gather additional details regarding this behavior. Could you please provide the following information?

1. Is the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 the original wireless adapter that came pre-installed in your system or did you integrate/install it on the laptop?
  2. When did it start to happen? Did it work fine before? Were you able to have your wireless connection in a normal/expected performance before? Please provide details.
  3. Do you remember if this issue happened after a hardware upgrade/change or after a new Windows update or Wireless/Bluetooth driver update?
  4. What do you mean when you said "the wifi card becomes inactive"? Are you just unable to connect to the network? Are networks no longer showing up in the "Network icon" in the Windows® Notifications Area? Or is the wireless card disappearing from Device Manager or showing an error code?
  5. When connecting the display with Mini DisplayPort* (Mini DP), are you using a straight-through connection with a single cable (Mini DP-to-Mini DP) or are you using a video/cable adapter?
  6. We also understand that the issue occurs when the computer is restarted or when it goes to sleep state? Is this regardless if the external display is connected or disconnected?

Also, please run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report to this thread to gather more details about your system.

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.

Note: To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Develu

We would like to know if you were able to review our previous post. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Develu

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos