Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Wi-Fi 6 AX201 And 2 way Bluetooth

Susenstoob
Beginner
So my card detects my Bluetooth headset no problem. I get two options (headset and headphone). Head phones offer high quality sound but no mic. Head set offers 2 way audio (sound and microphone) but terrible quality. What configuration change so I need to make on my Bluetooth card/settings to enable 2 way (audio and microphone) in high quality? Cheapo $10 USB dongles offer this (I know because I have one) so I assumed that my higher end Bluetooth card would be able to do this.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Susenstoob

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to check this further, could you please provide the following information?

1. Are you having issues with Bluetooth only or with Wi-Fi too (both)?
  2. What is the headset brand and model? Also, have you tried with a different headset just for testing purposes?
  3. Where do you see or manage the "two options" (headset and headphone)? Please provide a screenshot.
  4. Could you please elaborate more regarding what you mean by "terrible quality"? Do you have issues with the headphones and sound, with the microphone, or with both? What is the behavior?
  5. When did it start to happen? Did it work fine before at any time? Is this a new computer? Please provide details.
  6. Do you remember if this issue happened after a new Windows update or Wireless/Bluetooth driver update?
  7. Does the issue happen using different software or apps or only with a specific app? Does the issue occur if you use an app for voice recording or voice recognization?
  8. Is the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201 the original wireless adapter that came pre-installed in your system or did you install/integrate it?
  9. When the issue happens, do you notice any error message or behavior in Device Manager? For instance, does the Wireless card or Bluetooth disappear from the Device Manager or does it show an error code in the Windows® notification area or in the General tab properties in Device Manager?
  10. Have you tried a roll back to a previous driver version for testing?

Also, please run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report to this thread to gather more details about your system.

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.

Note: To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Susenstoob

We would like to know if you were able to review our previous post. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Susenstoob

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Another option of support is to contact the manufacturer of the Bluetooth headset for assistance with additional settings and/or a driver requirement or to check compatibility information.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos