Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Windows 10 Home does not recognize Intel AX210 WiFi card

Kali67
Beginner

I have an HP Pavilion Gaming 15-ec1087nw (37H91EA#AKD) laptop with the latest F.25 BIOS and an Intel AX200 WiFi 6 card. My HP laptop has no whitelist and everything works very well without any problems.

The time has come to update so I bought and installed an Intel AX210 WiFi card. Unfortunately there is a problem.

Windows 10 Home does not shows the Intel AX210 WiFi card in Device Manager. The strange thing is that the Bluetooth part of this adapter is working fine.

The latest drivers for WiFi cards from the Intel website are installed. All the updates of Windows 10 are installed too.

Can somebody help?

0 Kudos
29 Replies
melocat5
Beginner

I just went ahead and did this and it is still doing the same thing. I took out the card and made sure to go into hidden devices to uninstall the original AX200 wifi and bluetooth. I then put the card back in and installed the AX210 drivers. The bluetooth device is showing up, but there is still nothing new under network adapters. Am I missing something? Or is this a different problem all together? Am I supposed to have the old card in while uninstalling the drivers? (I left it at work so if that's the case, I can try again tomorrow).

Thank you for your advice!

0 Kudos
melocat5
Beginner

A little more information to this also...

I had accidently broke the old wifi card when cleaning out my computer. I originally ordered the exact same model and tried that and it was still only showing bluetooth (I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers with that card too). With my old wifi card in, even broken, it was still recognized by my computer. I worked on it with my boss for a bit (I work at a tech repair company) and he determined that it was probably defective. That's when I returned that and ordered the new AX210 card. 

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

It may very well be true that the problem is in the motherboard. The chance of seeing multiple cards that are DOA is very small.

[Aside: BTW, the Bluetooth support uses a separate USB interface, not the PCIe interface that the Wireless portion utilizes.]

The M.2 connector pinouts are standardized. You can find them here: https://pinoutguide.com/HD/M.2_NGFF_connector_pinout.shtml. The connector for Wireless/BT modules is Key E.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Kali67
Beginner

Thank you very much for Your reply.

BTW I think there is an error on this pinout web page. For example, the key E.

According to the table (M.2 module key E) we have:
Odd pins 1-23 so 12 contacts -(E slot)- pins 33-75 so 22 contacts
Even pins 2-22 so 11 contacts -(E slot)- pins 32-74 so 22 contacts

According to the picture at the bottom of the web page (Key E slot) we have:
Odd pins (top row) - 12 contacts -(E slot)- 19 contacts
Even pins (bottom row) - 11 contacts -(E slot)- 19 contacts

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

The other possibility (which didn't come to me until after I pressed the Reply button) is that HP has inclusion/exclusion lists implemented in their BIOS and is simply not allowing this (to them unknown) card to work. If this is the case, it's their slimy way of forcing you to purchase your upgrades through them. They cannot block the Bluetooth portion from being seen through USB but that can block the PCIe connection.

...S

0 Kudos
Kali67
Beginner

Until some time, HP must have used some sort of hardware whitelist in the BIOS.

Currently, according to HP Community, they don't do it anymore. But who knows for sure...

0 Kudos
Hoanganhinu
Beginner

I have the same issue like that.

In my victus HP laptop. In the FISRT TIME. I had installed ax210 card as well, and it can run successfully and work for few hours. But when i shut it down and turn on. 

In the second time, the wifi icon is not appare. I can't see any wifi signal in my laptop. 

Of course, I had reinstall win, uninstall driver, etc ... . But it doesn't work. 

IT CAN'T BE not hardware compatibility, Because in the fisrt time when i run it work propelly well

0 Kudos
Daoud3
Beginner

Hello,

i have the same issue with a HP Pavilion 15-eh1000nf series with RTL8852AE wifi cards. (It's an AMD Ryzen 5500U CPU)

I  tried to install an Intel AX200NGF (NoVpro).

Only the Bluetooth part of the card is detected by the system. The PCIe cards is simply not present in the Device Manager. (and not masked)

I think HP has implemented  an hardware limitation in the BIOS to prevent installation of an another wifi card.

0 Kudos
NickSwindon
Beginner

I had did issue with an AX210 built into the motherboard. A new build desktop, in the process of installing windows 10, it could not see any networks.

A opted to buy windows 11, and viola, it could see all the networks!

0 Kudos