Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Wireless AC 7260 Driver

Jim10
Novice

I have an ASUS G751JT laptop which is still going strong.  I just replaced my wireless router with an ASUS ZenWiFi Pro XT12 router.  Now my laptop with an Intel wireless AC 7260 does not see any of the three bands;  2.4, 5-1 and 5-2.  I would like to get the latest driver for the AC 7260. Any help would be appreciated. 

Thank you.

1 Solution
Jim10
Novice

I download the  Win 10 64bit drivers.  Thank you!

View solution in original post

114 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

According to my receipts, it was sent to you. You are checking your Intel Communities Private Messages (PM) inbox, right? This isn't to your normal email inbox.

...S

Ryan147
Novice

Found it.

I was checking the inbox of the other avatar next to the language symbol as opposed to the communities inbox.

Thank you for the drivers!

0 Kudos
Ryan147
Novice

@n_scott_pearson 

I installed the drivers and got 802.11n working.

Thank you so much for providing the drivers even though Intel pulled it off their website.

0 Kudos
JamesHowlett
Beginner

Hi Scott,

Could you send me a link to the Intel AC 7260 drivers as well.

Regards

0 Kudos
Lantash
Novice

Hi @n_scott_pearson 

I also need the Win10x64 driver for the AC-7260.
Would be great if you can drop me that in a PM.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@JamesHowlett and @Lantash,

For the link, check your Private Message inbox. Click on your avatar picture in the top right corner of the page (in the Communities blue banner) and select Messages from the resulting menu.

...S

P.S. You are the 194th and 195th WLAN Driver requestors since Jan. 6th.

Lantash
Novice
0 Kudos
DebSelv
Beginner

@n_scott_pearson 

Hello Scott,

Please send to me too please!  AC 7260 64bit Windows 10

Thank you!!

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@DebSelv,

For the link, check your Private Message inbox. Click on your avatar picture in the top right corner of the page (in the Communities blue banner) and select Messages from the resulting menu.

...S

P.S. You are the 197th WLAN Driver requestor since Jan. 6th.

0 Kudos
scruff
Beginner
Hey there Scott,
I'm also looking for the Intel AC7260 driver.

Thanks so much for help all of us!
0 Kudos
Lantash
Novice
During research found this location.
It cured issue on my Asus as well.
Checked 18.33.17. 1 using manual driver update.
https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=ac-7260
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@scruff,

...S

P.S. You are the 198th WLAN Driver requestor since Jan. 6th.

0 Kudos
BLESSINGLINUS
Beginner

It's good that I came across this topic, recently encountered the same problem, thanks for your help)

0 Kudos
Tombba
Beginner

I also need drivers for ac 7260 (n). win10 64bit

n_scott_pearson
Super User

@Tombba and @Pat_nl,

...S

P.S. You are the 199th and 200th WLAN Driver requestors since Jan. 6th.

cyanopsis
Beginner

Hey @n_scott_pearson !

Looks like I need help with a driver for the AC 7260 card also. Thanks!

n_scott_pearson
Super User

@cyanopsis,

...S

P.S. You are the 202nd WLAN Driver requestor since Jan. 6th.

n_scott_pearson
Super User

@Dan22,

...S

P.S. You are the 203rd WLAN Driver requestor since Jan. 6th.

dean_b
Novice

Hi Scott! Thank you for your professional support here!! You helped me before. I have a problem. My Bluetooth is Switched OFF which means that my drivers are outdated. Do not know is it Intel or Microsoft with updates that did that. AC 7260 is not supported and drivers removed from Intels support page. Not sure what to do here, and will it help to attempt to reinstall the drivers. Tried the update from device manager, but windows 10 64bit complained that those could not be executed due to error. No further explanation. Toggle button in Win is gone too. Could I have the drivers 

Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260

Or do you have any other suggestions??

Cheers Dean!

n_scott_pearson
Super User

@dean_b,

Having Bluetooth switched off does not imply that the drivers are outdated - though it could mean that you do not have the Intel drivers installed (i.e., Microsoft's generic driver is attempting to run the hardware, which is problematic). What it does potentially imply, however, is that you need to do a clean installation of the drivers. Here is my process:

1. If you haven't already, download - but do not install just yet - the Bluetooth and Wireless driver packages for your adapter from my share.
  2. Disable Internet access. Unplug Ethernet cable and/or disable wireless. Keep disabled until told to re-enable. Note this Wireless disable must be of type that will stay disabled across reboots.
  3. From the Apps & Features applet, check for instances of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and Intel Wireless Bluetooth. If none, skip to Step 6.
  4. Uninstall each instance of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and/or Intel Wireless Bluetooth that is present. When prompted, choose to "Discard Settings".
  5. Manually reboot your computer, keeping Internet access disabled throughout.
  6. From the Device Manager applet, check the Network Adapters section for an entry for Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 and check the Bluetooth section for an entry for Intel Wireless Bluetooth that has an intel driver associated with it. If neither is the case, go to Step 10.
  7. Right click on the entry for Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 and uninstall it, choosing to (checkmark) Delete the driver software for this device.
  8. Right click on the entry for Intel Wireless Bluetooth and open its properties. If it has an Intel driver associated with it, then uninstall it, choosing to (checkmark) Delete the driver software for this device.
  9. Go to Step 5.
  10. (Optional but recommended) Clean out all temporary files using the Windows Clean Disk tool. Ensure you have enabled cleaning of System Files. I recommend that you then checkmark all categories offered, even if no files currently in this category (so it leaves it set up for next invocation).
  11. (Optional but recommended) Clear each of your browsers' cache.
  12. Install the downloaded Bluetooth driver package (my rule: always install Bluetooth first).
  13. Install the downloaded Wireless driver package.
  14. Manually shutdown and reboot your computer.
  15. Reenable Internet access. Restore Ethernet cable and/or reenable wireless.
  16. Test.

Hope this helps,

...S

P.S. You are the 205th WLAN Driver requestor since Jan. 6th.

dean_b
Novice

Gave it a go, but it did not work for me. I could have missed something in the procedure....even erasing drivers from a HD on install on BT it detects newer version and refuses install. 

/Dean

0 Kudos