Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

Wireless-AC 9260 with Bluetooth version 1.2 keyboard (BCM2040)

am11
Beginner

Hi,

coud i use my bluetooth version 1.2 keyboard (BCM2040) with 9260?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
am11
Beginner

it's actualy BCM20730 so bluetooh 3. Has 9260 backward compatibility with BR/EDR? or should i get 7265?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello am5555,

Thank you for joining this Intel Community.

Backward compatibility with products developed for an earlier Bluetooth specification is available, so you should be able to use your wireless keyboard with a system that supports the Intel® Wireless-AC 9260.

Regarding the Intel® Wireless-AC 9260 backward compatibility with BR/EDR, I will do research about it and get back to you as soon as possible.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello am5555,

The wireless adapter in question is compatible with BR/EDR. It is worth mentioning that if you are planning on getting another wireless adapter for a mobile platform (e.g laptop), please contact your system manufacturer due to country-specific legal regulations.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005687/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html Regulatory Information Regarding Wireless Hardware Installation or Upgrade

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
am11
Beginner
0 Kudos