Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7441 Discussions

Wireless AC 9560 Bluetooth drivers for connecting to headset with mic mute function

roomer
Beginner

Just bought a Logitech H800 Wireless Headset and paired it with my Dell laptop on Wireless AC 9560. Sound and mic worked fine, I could control volume up/down with buttons on the headset too, but the headset comes with a mic mute button which doesn't work when the headset is connected via Bluetooth to my laptop, neither on Skype for Business nor MS Teams nor Zoom.

The mic mute button worked when connected via Bluetooth to my phone and on the 3 same apps.

The mic mute button also worked when connected via the included USB dongle, however it isn't using Bluetooth to connect to the headset, and has a much shorter range.

Someone on another forum mentioned the reason being Microsoft Bluetooth drivers provides only basic functions like sound, mic, volume up/down etc. but not the mic mute button functionality. One way could be to get a USB Bluetooth dongle and install generic CSR drivers which supports such functionality, I could not verify this claim.

Question is, why doesn't Intel Bluetooth drivers manage/support such functionalities like said CSR ones and the control of the Bluetooth headset falls onto Microsoft ones? Or does it, just in a way I don't know how to activate it?

My Intel Bluetooth driver is version 21.110.0.3.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Maria_R_Intel

Hello roomer,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community.

To better assist you, please provide me with the below information:

• Are you able to test your headset in a different PC/Laptop? let us know the outcome.

Please run the following tool in Windows* and attach the report generated. 

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) 

• Intel® SSU Download
  • Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". 
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". 
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". 

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello roomer,

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Let me know if you need more assistance. 

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello roomer,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. We encourage you to contact the equipment manufacturer of the headset you're using, so they can assist you with accurate support for your specific device.  

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos