Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Wireless AC 9560 adaptor not working after Windows Update

MRile8
Beginner

This has happened to me once before. Previously, I uninstalled the Intel PROset software and re-installed it, and everything was fine.

Now, there is no listing for the PROset software in my Add/Remove programs. Uninstalling the adaptor in device manager and reinstalling it has not worked. Running a fresh installation of PROset hasn't worked. Using the driver update in device manager and installing the most recent drivers has not worked either.

At present, then, my Dell laptop has neither wifi nor Bluetooth (to get drivers on it, I download them on my phone and USB tether with my laptop).

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
MRile8
Beginner

As further information, the last updates installed were:

• 2020-05 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64 (KB4552931)
  • 2020-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems (KB4556799)

The system is a Dell Inspiron 7386.

0 Kudos
MRile8
Beginner

All right, pressing deeper into this: I booted into the system BIOS, and choose to disable the built-in Bluetooth. Upon rebooting, the wifi adaptor was working again.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello MRile8,

Thank you for posting your question on this Intel® Community.

If we understood correctly, the issue your computer was experiencing was resolved by modifying BIOS settings.

If you need further assistance, please let us know. We will be glad to help you.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
MRile8
Beginner

I wouldn't say that it is resolved. The only way to enable the wifi is to disable the onboard Bluetooth. That's a hack, not a solution, as now my laptop does not have functioning Bluetooth.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello MRile8,

Thank you for your response.

To better assist you, we would like to have more information about your system configuration. Please provide us with the following information:

Generate a system report with the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report to this thread.

• Intel® SSU Download link
  • Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".

Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system?

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello MRile8,

If you need further assistance, please let us know. We will be glad to help you.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello MRile8,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread.

If you need further assistance, please start a new thread. We will be glad to help you.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos