Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Wireless-AC7260 not working anymore

DWirt
Novice

My network adapter had previos connectivity issues (interrupted connection), but now it's not working at all.

In the device manager i get the following informations:

Device Status:

"Das Gerät kann nicht gestartet werden. (Code 10)

{Vorgang fehlgeschlagen}

Der Vorgang konnte nicht durchgeführt werden."

Driver Version: 18.21.0.2

Under the Tab Details:

Device Status:

DN_HAS_PROBLEM

DN_DISABLEABLE

DN_NT_ENUMERATOR

DN_NT_DRIVER

Problemcode:

0000000A

Problemstatus:

{Vorgang fehlgeschlagen}

Der Vorgang konnte nicht durchgeführt werden.

C0000001

Under the Tab Events:

Device not started: (NETwNb64)

Information Box:

Beim Start des Geräts PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_08B1&SUBSYS_40708086&REV_BB\ACFDCEFFFF13F32B00 ist ein Problem aufgetreten.

Treibername: oem41.inf

Klassen-GUID: {4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Dienst: NETwNb64

Untere Filter:

Obere Filter: vwifibus

Problem: 0xA

I tried reinstalling or updating drivers several times, always the same. Possible just corrupted/ Bad card?

Computer Information:

Gigabyte p35xv4, Win10 64x.

any more needed?

The Laptop is only 1 month old

0 Kudos
8 Replies
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello,

The Code 10 in device manager can be caused by many reasons, here are some recommendation to discard the most common causes.

- Do a clean install of the wireless driver by following these steps:

1. Obtain the WiFi drivers from your http://www.intel.com/support/oems.htm Computer Manufacturer Support , as second option use the generic version from: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25513/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Windows-10 Download Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Windows® 10

2. Go to Control Panel - Programs and Features and Uninstall "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software", if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".

3. In Control Panel - Device Manager - Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".

4. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager again and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.

5. Install the Intel® Wireless driver. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, you can customize the installation and install all driver components.

- If the issue persists, try Uninstalling your Antivirus Software completely and check if the wireless connection is available after this.

DWirt
Novice

Thanks a lot, sadly it didnt work out. When uninstalling the device it keeps popping up after i search for new hardware. The driver stayed at a certain version after a while, so i deleted it one last time and reinstalled the driver from my manufacturers support page. But i still get the same errors. Uninstalling Antivirus didn't help either.

jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Please let us know the following information:

Did the wireless adapter come built into your computer from factory?

Were there any changes made to the system around the time the issue started? (OS upgrade, new software, system updates, etc.)
0 Kudos
DWirt
Novice

I cant exactly remember if i made any changes when the wireless connection first started having interruptions. But when it completely stopped working i didn't install/ change anything of significance, but it happed during or right after playing Metro 2033, which i had installed just before that.

The card was prebuilt into the laptop and i didn't change anything on system hardware.

I noticed the error isn't consistently showing in the device manager and sometimes the card is seemingly working from its status there, but in the task bar it shows me the "no networks available" status.

0 Kudos
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Please try the following and let us know if this helps:

- Connect to a wired network, then go to Windows® Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 and select the option to Update driver.

0 Kudos
KBloe
Beginner

I was able to solve this issue when it occured after an update on Windows 10 Pro.

When you follow the steps suggested by Jonathan it keeps coming back in the list from the standard Windows drivers. After that you need to select the device and click on driver details. It will show some files in de Windows\system32\drivers directory. Delete the files in the drivers directory except the vwifibus.sys. After that delete the device again from device manager. It will show the intel 7260 device but with an exclamation mark. The last thing you need to do is reinstall the official intel driver software.

This solved the issue for me.

0 Kudos
JordanAnderson

That didn't work for me

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Yes, @jbenavides process has some issues (can you say "Windows Update"?). You need to do this process with Internet access disabled. Here is my process for doing the clean install:

1. Make sure you have the Bluetooth and Wireless packages on the machine to be updated. Don't try to install them just have the packages available there.
  2. Disable Internet access. Unplug Ethernet cable and/or disable wireless. Keep disabled until told to re-enable. Note this Wireless disable must be of type that will stay disabled across reboots.
  3. From the Apps & Features applet, check for instances of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and Intel Wireless Bluetooth. If none, skip to Step 6.
  4. Uninstall each instance of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and/or Intel Wireless Bluetooth that is present. When prompted, choose to "Discard Settings".
  5. Manually reboot your computer, keeping Internet access disabled throughout.
  6. From the Device Manager applet, check the Network Adapters section for an entry for Intel Dual Channel Wireless-AC (or -N) 7260 and check the Bluetooth section for an entry for Intel Wireless Bluetooth that has an Intel driver associated with it. If neither is the case, go to Step 10.
  7. Right click on the entry for Intel Dual Channel Wireless-AC (or -N) 7260 and uninstall it, choosing to (checkmark) Delete the driver software for this device.
  8. Right click on the entry for Intel Wireless Bluetooth and open its properties. If it has an Intel driver associated with it, then uninstall it, choosing to (checkmark) Delete the driver software for this device.
  9. Go to Step 5.
  10. (Optional but recommended) Clean out all temporary files using the Windows Clean Disk tool. Ensure you have enabled cleaning of System Files. I recommend that you then checkmark all categories offered, even if no files currently in this category (so it leaves it set up for next invocation).
  11. (Optional but recommended) Clear each of your browsers' cache.
  12. Install the downloaded Bluetooth driver package (my rule: always install Bluetooth first).
  13. Install the downloaded Wireless driver package.
  14. Manually shutdown and reboot your computer.
  15. Reenable Internet access. Restore Ethernet cable and/or reenable wireless.
  16. Test.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos