Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

ax200

testerrrrr
Beginner

In the 22.30.0.11 update released for the Ax200 chipset, the 5ghz band is not working. For this reason I reinstalled version 21.90.3.2. My modem is asus dsl ac750. Please solve this problem.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Maria_R_Intel

Hello testerrrrr,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community.

To better assist you, please provide us with the below information:

• Is the wireless card an integration you made to your system?
  • Please share with us the settings you're using in Advanced settings under Network adapters on Device Manager.

I will send you an e-mail to the e-mail address associated with your community profile. Please reply to the email in order to provide us with some reports to avoid exposing sensitive information in the communities.

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello testerrrrr,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community.

We appreciate the report you provided. What we need next will be the following information to continue with the assistance:

• Is the wireless card an integration you made to your system?

• Please share with us the settings you're using in Advanced settings under Network adapters on Device Manager.

Best regards,

Victor G. 

Intel Technical Support Technician

0 Kudos
testerrrrr
Beginner

I did not integrate the card, it exists internally in my laptop

WPA2-Personel authenticated metod
Aes encryption
DNS adress automatic mod.

2ghz band work but 5ghz band is not work.
0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello testerrrrr,

Thank you very much for the information provided.

It is expected that driver 21.90.3.2 works properly on your system since is the version customized from the OEM. There are two different types of drivers, generics provided by Intel and Equipment Manufacturer drivers, that are customized to work with each specific system. The best thing to do is to use the drivers provided by the system manufacturer or through Windows Update to eliminate the potential impact caused by loading non-custom drivers. Intel cannot confirm that the generic drivers will work properly in all the systems since we do not handle the specifications nor design of third-party environments.

Our recommendation, if you still want to test the newest generic driver is to perform a clean installation and then use the recommended settings for AC connectivity, based on the router you're using.

I'm leaving you both drivers; if the issue persists with the Intel one after the below recommendations please go back to the Acer driver following the same clean steps:

1. Try a clean install of the wireless drivers following these steps to the letter: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-io/wireless.html  

Step 1: Download and save the drivers on your computer: 

Step 2: Uninstall the Wi-Fi driver. 

1. Uninstall your Wi-Fi driver. 
    1. Go to Device Manager
    2. Expand the Network Adapters category. 
    3. Right-click your Intel Wireless Adapter and choose to uninstall it. 
    4. Make sure to select the option to Delete the driver software for this device
    5. Repeat steps A through D until the option to Delete the driver software for this device is greyed out. 

2. Restart your computer. 

Step 3: Driver installation. 

Locate the drivers you downloaded back in Step 1. Run as administrator, and follow the wizard to completion. To run as administrator, right-click over the file you downloaded and select the option to Run as administrator. You should test first the driver provided by Acer* as they have been validated to work with your system, if that does not work then you can do the same procedure with the Intel generic driver.  

2. Set the recommended settings for 802.11AC Connectivity: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000024678/network-and-io/wireless.html  

3. Set the wireless card to Maximum Performance: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005879/network-and-io/wireless.html  

We highly recommend to verify with the manufacturer about new releases of drivers, also, you can contact them and verify if they provide specific settings for band connections.

Best regards,

Maria R.

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello testerrrrr,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let me know if you need more assistance.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello testerrrrr,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos