Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

ibtusb driver critical error

Fret_Fret
Beginner

Hello dear Intel community,

I got a serious BSOD issue with the ibtusb driver. The error occurred the first time as I tried to connect my Computer to the internet via my mobile phone bluetooth connection. The system crashed as shown in the 062221-8718-01.txt file. Later I tested my drivers with the windows verifier tool and was able to reproduce and monitor the problem leading to the BSOD. The faulty driver was referring to the 070421-21609-01.txt the driver "ibtusb". So I tried to search for an update for the mentioned driver with the Intel Driver and Support assistant. The result was quite disappointing as it said there is no update available and all drivers are up to date, leaving me with the problem. 

So my question is what I can do next?

With best regards

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User

You need to reinstall your Bluetooth Driver:

1. Download the Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® for Intel® Wireless 7260 Family and Intel® Dual-Band Wireless-AC 3160 You need to download the 64bit version

2. Disconnect the internet.

3. Uninstall the currently installed BT driver and reboot your laptop.

4. Install the previously downloaded BT Driver, reconnect the internet and reboot your laptop.

5. Check BT. BTW, if you want to connect your laptop to Internet, you should turn Mobile Hotspot on your phone and use the phone Wifi rather than BT. Please read in your phone User Manual, how to use Mobile Hotspot.

Leon

View solution in original post

1 Reply
LeonWaksman
Super User

You need to reinstall your Bluetooth Driver:

1. Download the Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® for Intel® Wireless 7260 Family and Intel® Dual-Band Wireless-AC 3160 You need to download the 64bit version

2. Disconnect the internet.

3. Uninstall the currently installed BT driver and reboot your laptop.

4. Install the previously downloaded BT Driver, reconnect the internet and reboot your laptop.

5. Check BT. BTW, if you want to connect your laptop to Internet, you should turn Mobile Hotspot on your phone and use the phone Wifi rather than BT. Please read in your phone User Manual, how to use Mobile Hotspot.

Leon